Extra 3: Aurelion's Friends

Start from the beginning

The atmosphere felt a tad too warm for Tybalt's liking.

"Uh..."

Tybalt didn't make eye contact with the redhead. He found the shade of beige in the infirmary to be utterly fascinating.

Where in the world did the head healer find such a gorgeous wheaten cream color? —

"And you, Finneas?"

Stupid Finny had to make eye contact. "Odum."

And he had to open his mouth.

"Have all of you been using the healing serums from the infirmary?"

"Fuck no, Uncle would disown me!"

"Neo, this isn't what it looks like—"

"Naza, can we please—"

"I can't believe you would do that to yourself."

Here we go, Tybalt thought, bracing for impact.

"Commercial serums have major defects. Manufacturers don't take into account the amount of energy spent by individual magic sources, nor do they research the effects that the serums have when being used on flesh wounds. Also, the healing serum pretends to be an all-in-one solution, but really, how is that even possible? They use all kinds of ingredients to close up a wound or suppress a cold, but the makers don't even think about the drawbacks of all the aspects of healing they want the serums to do. Headache, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, migraines, death, and effects similar to being put under anesthesia..."

One way to get Naza talking with a lot of passion was to mention 'commercial' healing serums or anything similar.

Tybalt didn't know what this 'annastheeshia' thing was but knowing Naza and his past life, it most likely had to do with medicine.

Since the revelation of his rebirth and subsequent time travel with Royce, Naza was no longer failing his way into Third Year.

Tybalt called that prioritizing.

Becoming a healer? With Naza's previous grades and work ethic, it would have been an impossible feat.

Now, they were spending their days like normal teenage boys, studying, practicing their lines, doing homework, and participating in actual, legal, extracurriculars.

No one would ever believe their extracurriculars used to consist of dipping their hands into the criminal underworld and finding ways to get rid of those Naza deemed his enemies—Tybalt still had his contacts, and he was pretty sure Naza, Roy, and Finny also kept theirs in check, despite none of them speaking about the 'illegal-ness' of their past activities in the last couple of months.

Had it only been three months since the change?

Tybalt found that strange. He could have sworn it felt longer.

"... we don't use healing serums."

Tybalt refocused on Naza.

They all repeated the words back at him, only so he would stop talking about the horrible side effects healing serums would cause their poor teenage growing bodies.

Naza aggressively stirred a liquid mixture over a fire talisman, already halfway finished making the healing cream during his rant. Who knew he could multitask so well?

"Moving on to other things," Royce's voice was still colored with pain, "How fucked do you think I am with Rickman?"

"Uncle wants to skin Meyers," Finneas deadpanned.