Chapter 4

Molly POV:

Poor Ron. It hurts a mother to see their child like this and since Fred... Well let's say I feel more of a Mother to little Ronald than I ever had. I've tried to get him motivated, tried to make sure that he has something to live for, but when your wife is cursed, you must feel hollow, empty. "Ronald, we have to find the person who did this." At that he raised his pale face an inch above the pillows. "How." It was the first word I've heard him utter, but I wished he had stayed silent. Power of emotion came through, and I smacked him hard. Staring at me, his eyes bright, he said, "What, in the name of Merlin's pants, was that all about?!" He bellowed. I simply said, "get dressed."

Ron POV:

I got changed and grumbling, went downstairs. She was completely out of order. Women. Honestly.

When I was shrugging on my coat to go to work, Mum came up and handed me some left-over chicken from the counter.

I was still biting the bone when George came in. Everyone had lost Fred, a while in their hearts, but George had lost his soul.

No jokes or anything. No nothing. George is the Family's goul now. A shadow of his former self, he grudges around his joke shop, coming home only to eat. The funeral pushed him over the edge.

An awkward tension fell between everyone, so I took the moment to disapparate to the Ministry.