"Okay, okay. Take it." Desna pleaded, holding his hands up as Kuvira lowered him to the ground. A smirk fell upon her lips as the twins left the bag of gold in her hands. They soon left in a hurry, making Kuvira chuckle.

"What is wrong with you?" Kai asked, utterly stunned by what he just witnessed.

Kuvira just laughed as she tossed him a few coins.
"Here, you deserve it." She said as she sat down; lifting her legs up to rest on the wooden table. Soon,  guilt sat on her chest but not inside her brain. What she had just done could not be un-done and she knew that. The reputation she was building up for herself wasn't something she wanted at all but, she couldn't stop. Even the scene with Korra, what happened there? She felt like something inside of her had snapped; she wanted to hurt Korra like she had hurt her but at the same time, she didn't? Guilt was eating and pestering her from inside, she had tried to kill her friend. Someone that she considered a family member.

"You met her again didn't you?" Kai asked, seeing the guilt plastered all over her face.

Kuvira snapped out of her thoughts and glared at him.
"So what if I did?"

Kai sighed, he knew how this would end and he really didn't have the energy to argue right now. He shook his head and walked towards the door of his workshop.
"Nevermind. Good night."
He really missed Korra.

<->

She was running again, well more like hobbling. The stab wound to her stomach was becoming more painful as the day went on, even though it was small it was in a place that made her life a whole lot harder . She had been trying to find Jinora all day but the guards had kept on spotting her, which resulted into another chase. Of course, it was easy to lose them but she knew her body had a limit; if she got seen again, her tiredness would get her caught.

The wall at the end of the street made Korra think twice about her next movements, it was possibly a 6 foot maybe 7 foot climb. A height that the Sato guards definitely couldn't climb up .
She made her decision, taking one final step up to the wall with one leg and springing up from there, her frenzied momentum translated into a vertical jump . She reached towards the top of the wall with her left hand and soon she was pulling herself up over the wall. She casually jumped onto the other side and rolled off into a bedlam of leaves which cushioned her endeavour, but not before offering the guards a smug smile as she continued to run away. It was over in seconds. However, her wound was starting to take a toll on her movements and she was beginning to slow down.

She looked down at the stab wound and groaned, she had lost quite a lot of blood from all this running around. She needed to patch it up but , Korra was out of options. She couldn't go to Jinora's otherwise she would run into the guards again. She would bleed out by the time she made it to Katara's. There was only one place she could go and it was right infront of her. The Sato Manor.

She rolled her eyes and begun to make the same climb she did almost every day, however this time it was really a struggle. The pain shot up her arm like fire. She cringed as this happened everytime she pulled herself up further. The pain was like needles that had been dipped in alcohol had been jammed through her skin, like her muscles had been replaced with ice and electricity wired straight into her spine. But she kept going. She climbed until she reached the very windowsill she had seen so many times.

She gently climbed through the window, hoping that the shot that Desna took a few moments ago hadn't landed on the young woman that lived in this very bedroom. Relief washed over her when she saw the woman snuggled into her thick covers, asleep.

Korra pulled the cloth covering away from her face and lifted up her shirt to see the wound again. It needed cleaning, and stitching; badly. Korra moved around slowly as she desperatly looked for anything that could help her patch this wound up that was gradually killing her.