"So the whole things a lie?"

"Yes. I have evidence to prove it, but first I need to prove the video is fake, which is why I'm having this almost pointless conversation."

"And if I say no?" He questions, and I can practically hear him smiling.

"Don't test me, Eddie, or did you forget I know your venomous, little secret? Now before you climb on top of the Empire State Building to get upset—I'm not threatening you. I promise if you get me this file, I'll make sure your secret stays buried should the same happen to you."

There's a pause, and I can hear a faint huffing from his side of the call. "Fine. I'll get you the file."

"Good. You know how to deliver it when you do. Goodbye, Eddie." I hang up and breathe a heavy sigh.

My head is pounding, and I can't help but wonder how we'll get out of this one. Everything just feels so much harder than it did when we were sixteen. I should be worrying about colleges instead of if an unknown group of people capturing—and likely experimenting—on me.

Each breath gets more difficult the longer I think about it, but I can't stop. It fills my head until there's nothing but static. I claw at the collar of my shirt.

It's harder and harder to catch my breath with every passing second. Tears prick at the back of my eyes. I try to blink them back, but it just forces them out and trailing down my cheeks.

My fingers try to rub them away, but it only seems to get worse the more I try to stop it. A whimper escapes me. This is all my fault. Peter's in this situation because of me, and as much as I pretend otherwise, I have no idea how to get him out of it.

There's a soft knock on the door, and Peter's head peeks inside a second later. His eyes go wide when he sees me sitting on the edge of the tub in the middle of a panic attack.

It only makes me cry more. He shouldn't have to see me like this—not after everything he's already dealing with. Of course, Peter doesn't seem to care about anything other than making sure I'm okay. His arms wrap around my shoulders, and his fingers brush through my hair until my breathing evens out.

"You okay?"

"Are you?" I ask in response, but he just sighs. "With everything going on, I think I'm doing the best I can."

"Yeah, I guess we both are." He lets out a bitter laugh. "There's not exactly a lot of precedence for this. But at least we're doing it together."

"It doesn't change that most of this is happening because of me." I reply with a frown.

"It's happening because of Beck and his psychotic need for revenge. You're not responsible for his actions."

"Then why does it feel like I am?"

"Because you care so much." Peter tells me in a matter-of-fact tone. "There's nothing wrong with that, but you can't take everything on yourself."

"I know," I sigh and rest my head against his shoulder. "So, what did Will say? Can he and the others help us?"

"Yeah, he's gonna get them to help both of us. He said he's already been working on his own to prove your innocence, but now he'll just ask the group to help both of us."

"Good, and I called someone to get a copy of the video so we can prove it was faked, or at least delay it for a bit while they run circles to check facts." Peter's arms wrap around my waist to pull me closer to his chest. "It's gonna be fine. You and May just need to lay low until this is cleared up."

"I already told May. So she's preparing for the—" His voice drops off as his phone starts ringing in his pocket. I glance at the screen and my stomach finds a way to knot even more. Because Nick Fury just had to call. "It's okay. I'm sure he's just gonna help us with what's going on."

"Somehow, I doubt that." I mumble and try to keep from going supernova as Peter answers the phone with an exhausted, "Hello?"

"Afternoon, Parker." Fury's voice is tense and has its usual edge. "I'm assuming our mutual friend is with you?"

ARTI gives me the heads up that the line is safe, and I sigh, "Unless you're calling to tell me Beck is giving up his associates or you've got some magic fix for the damage he's done, I'm not in the mood."

"Beck hasn't said a word since we stuck him on the Raft."

"Then you're calling because—?" Peter gives me a bewildered look as I sass the Nick Fury.

"Because I figured you need help with what's happening, unless you already have that handled."

"We've got some friends working on it, but we need all the help we can get." I reply and grab Peter's hand as he starts to fidget.

"So, let me get this straight: your boy Spiderman got totally played, and nobody thought to call me?"

"I had other contacts."

"Besides me?"

"Yeah. In case you forgot, you're not exactly easy to get a hold of, director of espionage and being overdramatic."

"As offended as I am, I guess I won't hold it against you. I'll do what I can. Meanwhile, you've got bigger problems." My heart skips a few beats, and somehow I already know exactly what he's about to say. "Those people you've been trying to avoid are back on your trail."

"How long do I have?"

"I'd say a day if at absolute best. So I suggest you move quickly and quietly."

Peter's hand squeezes mine so tightly, I almost wonder if he's trying to keep me from going. "What—but—how did they—how do they know you're here?"

"They've been monitoring all corners of the web for even whispers of Phantom. Apparently, her name popped up in a hacker group alongside yours, they put the pieces together."

"Thanks for the heads up." I do my best to keep my voice even. "Any advice on where to go?"

"I hear Belfast's nice this time of year. It'd be a good place to start." There's a pause. "Just keep your head down and keep moving. I'll do what I can to slow them down and off your trail."

"Okay. Thank—Thank you." I tell him before hanging up. This was what I've been dreading the whole time I've been here. I hate myself for knowing I was always going to end up back here.

Because now, everyone's at risk again, and this time it's entirely my fault.

"Lia," Peter calls after me as I hastily shove everything back into my bag, "what are you doing?"

"I don't have a choice, Peter. They know I'm in Queens. Plus, the second they figure out that Beck wasn't lying, and I'm here. We're all dead." I can't bring myself to look at him as I continue packing. "I can't let that happen. So yes, I'm leaving, and there's nothing you or anyone can do to stop me."

"I'm not going to stop you." He tells me, and I try to ignore the sting in my chest. "But I am coming with you."