𝟓𝟏. 𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃

(51 :  HE IS

(51 : HE IS . . .
ALREADY DEAD )

✧࿐ ཾ✧

     THREE MONTHS — JULIET HAD SPENT three blissful months at Potter Manor before she was forced to run. Lord Voldemort was not the type of man to forget about a betrayal, but they had all assumed he would eventually move on from his feud with a teenage girl. Especially after she almost bled out in her boyfriend's arms as a result of one of his spells. In truth, she would've died that day had Sirius not recognised the dark magic. It was Sirius who kept her alive until they reached St Mungo's, countering the spell's effects with his vast knowledge of blood magic from his family's library.

St Mungo's was a mistake though.

Although she survived, it had come at the cost of her freedom. Once Voldemort was alerted of her survival, he sought revenge. None of them understood what he was doing at first — articles began to appear in various newspapers and magazines, ones that falsely claimed her visit to St Mungo's had been due to her being 'delusional' and 'unhinged.' No matter how unfortunate the rumours were, she brushed them off to focus her energy on her new life with James. That was her second mistake. After three months of minimal Death Eater activity, the couple ventured out on their first public date — a date that ended with Juliet being interrogated by Alastor Moody, suspected of patricide.

    James waited outside the office the entire time, confused. He never did have the ability to think like a Slytherin, but she did. It was then — as she left questioning — that she realised that Voldemort didn't want to dirty his hands for her. Instead, he was arranging her a one-way ticket to Azkaban. If anyone asked her, she would've said that it was a fate worse than death, but it was one she deserved. After all, she had killed her father and Voldemort most likely knew that.

Months passed without any evidence before an 'anonymous' tip came through in the January and provided them with substantial grounds for conviction. They attempted to arrest her without trial, tossing her into a holding cell like a murderer hadn't been trying to overthrow the government for years. Her belief in the Ministry of Magic being compromised was only cemented when McNair — a longtime employee — attempted to imperio her during his guard. Juliet narrowly escaped with her life after Sirius saved her for a second time, disregarding his precarious position as an auror in training and risking everything to aid her escape.

Yet, her escape only sealed her status as a fugitive. By February, Juliet Fawley was a wanted witch with a price on her head. Even though she knew that she always had a room at Potter Manor, Juliet fled. It wasn't because she was brave or noble either — it was because she was scared. Scared that James would grow to resent her when he was forced to sacrifice his career and his sanity to protect her from the consequences of a crime she had actually committed.