𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄. (𝐍𝐎𝐓) 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒

TRANSCRIPT OF LETTER FROM JAMES F. POTTER TO JULIET I. FAWLEY:

My Juliet,

Is there any chance you've come down with a nasty case of dragon pox? Because that's the only reason I can think of as to why you wouldn't write. Even then, dragon pox doesn't render you incapable of picking up a quill. Maybe your owl has dropped dead? If it has, I'm very sorry for your loss but also very happy because it means you haven't forgotten about me.

You really shouldn't kiss a boy like that and then leave him hanging all summer. And in the unfortunate circumstances you have changed your mind . . . tough. You're stuck with me now. Sirius is already set to be Maid of Honour and I have a feeling you'll have to pry that bouquet from his cold, dead hands.

Speaking of which, Sirius knows. And before you murder me — think about how you can't kiss me if I'm a corpse. Well, I suppose you can, but it would be frowned upon. It slipped out, I swear. He's the only one that knows.

And my mum.

But Mum wasn't my fault, honest! She thought I was acting weird-er than usual and Sirius sold us out for a slice of her famous lemon cake. In the future, feel free to remind of what a rubbish secret keeper he is. For now, I'm begging on my knees (unless you wanted me on my knees for something else?) for your forgiveness.

Let me know if your summer has been any better than mine. Other than exposing our secret within the first week, mine has been surprisingly uneventful. I've been responsible for eight minor explosions and the loss of one eyebrow during this holiday. I suppose something about Seventh Year has made me more mature, huh?

I miss you.

Lots of love,
James.

SOURCE MATERIAL:

TRANSCRIPT OF LETTER FROM JULIET I

TRANSCRIPT OF LETTER FROM JULIET I. FAWLEY TO JAMES F. POTTER:

My Romeo,

Asphyxiation. Castration. Crucifixion.

In case you were wondering, these are all the ways I have vividly imagined harming you after reading your letter. I even put them in alphabetical order for you. You're welcome.

I can't believe you're actually trying to blame Sirius for your big mouth. I, too, would sell you out for a slice of lemon cake — scratch that, HALF a slice — so I can't really blame him. I know I haven't been the best at replying to letters though, so I suppose I can't blame you for wanting to talk to someone about it either. Not that I'd take any advice from him. I'm pretty sure the last girl he snogged was a poster on his wall. You really can't tell anyone else though. Not even Remus or Peter. At least not until I figure out what to do about my situation.

I'm sorry I haven't wrote as much as I hoped to. I haven't forgotten you and I doubt even a well-aimed oblivate would be able to accomplish such a feat. You're pretty memorable. In truth, I've been extremely busy with wedding planning — not that you'd care much for such talk. Although, did you know there are over 150 shades of white? Because my summer has consisted of learning every single one of them. Eggshell, daisy, pearl, white dove, pure white, ultra white, it goes on and on!

Since Sirius and Mia know about us, tell them I say hello. If you could, maybe slip in that his brother is doing fine as well. I know he likes to pretend he doesn't care, but the gesture would be appreciated, I'm sure. Regulus is already eagerly climbing the Death Eater ranks (I wouldn't tell him that part) and seems content enough with the pureblood life.

I know this is hard on you. Especially having to see me splashed over the Prophet, but I adore you, James. Know that much. And maybe your tongue plays a part in it, but I most definitely miss our face to face conversations and hope we can pick up when we return.

Lots of love,
Juliet.

SOURCE MATERIAL:

BOTH LETTERS WERE PROVIDED BY HARRY J

BOTH LETTERS WERE PROVIDED BY HARRY J. POTTER TO THE BRITISH WIZARDING MUSEUM ON SEPTEMBER 1ST 1998.