Chapter 5: Her memories

Start from the beginning

"Mommy?"

The creature slimes gently in response and said "Yes... I am Naru...and I am your mommy."

The creature, now known as Naru, picks up Ori and hugs her close as Ori squeals in delight and hugs her new mother.

Time then speeds by as Aaron watches through the hole in the ceiling as time goes by, as days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. Time then comes to a stop as he gazes around the cave again, the cave has a few more baskets bearing fruits unfamiliar to him. He also noticed some drawings bearing on a large rock near Ori's nest, stickmen like drawings of Ori and her mom Naru.

Aaron then sees Ori sleeping on her nest again as she slowly stirs awake. Her ears perk up as her eyes open. She then jumps with a happy smile as she stretches her limbs. She hops out of her nest as she jogs towards the exit of the cave. He follows Ori, to be welcomed to the most beautiful forest he has ever seen.

It's a beautiful day outside... The grass is green, the sky is clear, the trees are healthy, the flowers are blooming, the sun is shining... a perfect day for Ori.

------------------------------------------------Change of perspective: Ori------------------------------------------------

You jog down the small hill until you see Naru turning around with a smile as she calls you over.

"Good Morning Ori! Come along! Let's get some breakfast!"

You ran, diving into Naru's arms as she catches and tosses you into the air as you land on her back. She then shook a tree as a single small fruit fell into her hand as she casually tossed it into the air and you catch it with your mouth, eating it. She then marks a tree with a large 'X' before walking past the tree. It's fun seeing the world while riding on mom's shoulder! She then walks to the forest searching for food. She then stops by the river as she goes on a lookout until she calls your attention and points you towards trees and bushes with a huge harvest of fruits and berries!

"Ori look! There is plenty of food on the other side of the river!"

"Wow, they look delicious! But how can we get there mom?"

"Simple my child, we just need to build a bridge..."

{Time went by as Aaron watches Naru Holding onto a log while Ori stands on the other as she tosses a long vine to Ori as they tie the logs up together as support for the bridge. Hours go by, as he watches Naru and Ori working together to construct a bridge over the river. They occasionally take a quick rest with a few sips of water from the clean river, adding log by log to walk on, Naru praising Ori for her good work. More time goes by until nighttime as they eventually reached the other side of the river where all the food is. As they reap on the fruits of their labour (no pun intended) Ori decided to gather an armful of berries (which they all look like Oranges to Aaron) as she crosses the bridge.}

You decided that it is getting late and it would be a good idea to bring some of the food to fill the baskets for tomorrow. You gathered as much as your arms could as your jog away back home. As you are getting home you can see slithers of Blueish white light flowing around the trees and through the lake and into the night sky.

As you reach home, a flash from the distance occurred. You are taken back from the sight as you drop all the food you were carrying, your gaze locks upon the tree itself as Blueish energy slithers through the forest, as they seem to be calling out to you...

"Ori!"

Naru shouted as she quickly scoops you into her arms seeing the spirit tree's light as she ran into her home, shielding you from the tree all the way. In the cave Naru is hugging you close to her, crying.