Day 5

A/N: not me writing three chapters in one day-

After several rematches in chess, Sapnap finally won once and called it a day on chess. Dream had witnessed so many rounds that by the time they were done, he'd finished cooking them lunch. Though, Dream was convinced that George finally let Sapnap win so that he'd stop demanding rematches.

Sapnap bought them all dinner. George had chose Olive Garden again because it tasted good and was expensive. After dinner they watched a movie and Sapnap left them to go to bed, but George and Dream were both convinced he was just waiting for them to have some sort of moment that he could ruin, so they hung out in the living room playing go-fish. They played for about an hour before they called it a day and made their way to their rooms.

For a change, Dream woke up to a knock on the door rather than some sort of aggressive act against him. He slowly opened his eyes to see George leaning against the door frame.

"Morning," Dream grumbled, though his voice sounded ratchet.

"Sapnap gave you an extra ten minutes to sleep in today," George said. "He thought he was being pretty generous."

Dream rubbed his eyes. "And he had you wake me up on top of it? He must be in a very good mood."

"He thinks I jumped on top of you like he usually does," George replied. "For both of our sakes, let's keep him thinking that way. He's in the kitchen dishing up cereal but knowing him he could probably screw that up, too."

Dream smiled, sitting up. "I hope I trained him better than that," he said. "But I guess you never know."

George returned the smile. "I'll see you in a minute," he left, closing the door behind him.

Dream made his way out of bed, to the bathroom, and then into the kitchen. Sapnap and George were both at the barstools eating cereal. Dream decided on some cinnamon toast crunch and joined them.

"I have a plan," Sapnap announced.

Dream and George looked at him, but neither of them said anything because they were too busy eating.

"I think we should go shopping," he said, and George nearly choked on his cereal, which of course made Dream start laughing. "What?"

"Shopping?" George repeated. "Like, at the mall?"

Sapnap shrugged. "Yeah, why not?"

"What are we, teenage girls?" George laughed.

"Shopping is not only for teenage girls," Sapnap said defensively. "I was thinking more along the lines of a candy shop, first of all, maybe a trip into Spencers-"

"Sapnap!" Dream exclaimed, but still laughing none the less.

Sapnap threw his hands up. "What?" he demanded. "Don't act like it's nothing we haven't done before. I mean even with George, and he lives in the UK! Remember Christmas-"

"We are not talking about what happened on Christmas," George cut him off.

Sapnap laughed. "See?" he said. "Point proven. We don't have to buy anything, we can just go to look and judge things. But by all means, if you guys wanna go to H&M and look at crop tops, be my guest."

"Any other plans?" Dream asked, returning to his cereal.

"Right, as I was saying," Sapnap continued. "Candy shop, Spencers, lunch, obviously, and I'm not against going into other stores and mocking ugly clothes and changing mannequins. If you have anything else to add, you may add it now."

George just shook his head and ate his cereal, doing his best not to laugh.

"Yeah, sounds great," Dream said.

After they finished eating breakfast, they all got changed and ready for the day. Thinking about it, it was George's first time actually going out and doing something rather than just staying in their house.

Dream drove them to the mall where they wondered around for a bit at first, then made their first stop at the candy store. Up next was Spencers because Sapnap seemed to have his heart set on it. The visit into the store was, well, entertaining, and lasted longer than it probably should have. By the time they had left the store they were a bit hungry, so they grabbed some pretzel bites but decided that wasn't enough so they hit up mexican food.

After lunch they wandered around for a bit longer, stopping in random stores to mess with things before making their way out undetected. Their second to last stop of the day was at a park. Yes, a park. One that little kids play on. They messed around there for a bit before they ended up sitting on the swings talking before dinner hit.

Of course they took forever picking somewhere, but eventually landed on Red Robin. By the time they arrived back at the house, it was almost 8. They all took turns showering before ending up on the couch to watch a movie, but Sapnap ended up tapping out early and heading to bed.

"Today was fun," George said, returning from the kitchen after getting a glass of water and sitting down next to Dream.

Dream nodded. "Yeah, it was," he agreed. "I hadn't realized you hadn't really gone out and done anything since you got here."

George shrugged. "I haven't minded," he said.

"So you're still having a good time?" Dream asked.

George nodded, looking over at him and giving him a small smile. "I do like it here," he said. "It's fun, being with you and Sapnap. I live alone in my apartment with Cat, so..."

Dream understood. He'd been living the same life before he and Sapnap decided to move into a house together. Him and Patches had been alone together for ages, though his mom and sister came by to visit pretty often.

"I know you want to ask about me staying again," George looked away from him. "And I do, but I just can't. Not yet, at least. There's so much we still need to figure out, so much I still need to figure out."

"We still have a few more days," Dream reminded him.

George nodded slowly.

"What do you want, George?" Dream asked. "Be real with yourself, not to me."

George hesitated, and then sighed. "I want this," he said. "What we have, right here, right now. We're together, for real, and I wish that would never change. The fact that you're so close, and I can just reach out and..." his hand slipped over and intertwined his fingers with Dream's. "It feels real. But I'm going to have to leave."

He tried to pull his hand away, put Dream held onto it. "It doesn't matter that you have to leave, George," he said. "It doesn't matter how far apart we are, nothing has to change no matter the distance. At the end of the day I will always be here, just waiting for you."

George stared at their hands.

"Don't let the distance ruin this," Dream's voice was getting quieter as he spoke.

Neither of them made any sudden movements. George slowly turned and met Dream's eyes again. "Okay."

Okay. Okay? Okay? Did that mean... Nope. Dream had no idea what that meant.

"Okay?" Dream repeated.

"Okay," George said again. "We're going to pretend like the distance doesn't matter."

"It doesn't matter," Dream said firmly.

George gave him a small smile. "So let's live like it," he said. "At least, just for right now. Obviously I only have about nine more days before I have to leave, but for now? It doesn't matter."

Dream smiled. There was some more talking, and then there they were. Everything felt peaceful, and everything was peaceful. Dream couldn't really believe all that was happening. But all he knew was that he fell asleep peacefully in his bed, one arm wrapped over George who slept peacefully in front of him.