A Price for an ambitious dream

Yume's POV

It has been 4 months since i came here. The training has been difficult and often had fevers. Usually my special training is done within a basement beneath a small shed. A huge machine that seems to measure my abilities as an idol. Although it felt like it was sucking my energy, i ignored it and believed it was just because i lack stamina.

And now, it is my last time here in this dark and lonely basement with only a single lamp lighting the whole place. I wished Koharu-chan was here. Unfortunately, she had somewhere else to go. The silver head took the cloth covering the huge machine.

"Are you ready, Yume?" Emily asked me with a seemingly forced smile.

"Of course! I have been preparing for this for 4 months" I enthusiastically said.

"I'm sure you will do just fine, Yume-chan" the ever so supportive Aunt Ria said.

"Here i go!" I said as i place my hand to the crystal ball of the machine.

The ball glowed brightly, covering the whole room with bright yellow light. And slowly turned into a rainbow color.

"I-its working!" I shouted.

As the light surround me, i couldn't hear Emily and Aunt. And shortly i found myself in front of a rainbow color door.

The last thing i heard was koharu-chan yelling my name. I unconsciously reached for the door knob, it felt like an invisible hand was guiding my hand to open the large door.

"Yume",Emily shouted

I could only see darkness surrounding my sight. The colors i once saw in my world were now painted in total dark color. The feelings i had before were now replaced by emptiness.

Maybe my goal was a bit ambiguous. I got carried away thinking i could do anything as long as i believe.

I could only see two blurry figure approaching me. Koharu-chan and the boy who i haven't seen in months.

"Yume." His soothing voice made me feel relieved for a moment.

I, with my all strength answered, respond.

"Subaru?" Then felt drowsy and closed my eyes.

Subaru's POV

Last month, i received a message from koharu.

Subaru-kun, although I can't tell you everything because even I, myself don't comprehend all that is happening here. But all i know is that Yume-chan is in trouble. Her Aunt is trying to make Yume-chan give up being an idol and all idols to not be able to do aikatsu. I thought i needed to tell you this since i know you guys are dating. Come here next month and help me save Yume-chan, please.

-Koharu Nanakura

I cancelled all my activities for this month and arrived in America yesterday.
Koharu called me and told me the address to the house.

This is a literal castle.

"Subaru-kun!" A distant voice shouting.

I squinted my eyes and saw the figure running towards.

"Nanakura-san"

"Subaru-kun, hurry, yume is now getting in the machine!" Nanakura-san shouted and grabbed my wrist.

We dashed through the road and the workers who were cleaning outside. And arrived at a shed.

As we got inside, the place was getting gloomy and finally saw a light.

Nanakura-san busted through the door and yelled.

"Yume-chan!"

Yume reached her hand to a rainbow door. She performed and stopped midway when her aura got out of control. She fell to her knees and shouting Yume's, Me and Nanakura-san ran to yume.

As i hold her in my arms, she softlycalled my name.

"Subaru?"

And fell asleep in my arms.

I could only hold her unconscious body in my arms. She looked lifeless and looked like a doll getting thrown away, rejected.

"Tsk, it failed" an old woman spoke.

"How dare you say that after what happened to your niece!" A woman in a maid outfit grabbed the old woman's collar.

"You lied when you said that it was scheduled for tomorrow!"

"How can i say the truth to a spy?" The old woman said.

I felt a small movement from my arms and saw Yume standing up from my embrace. She looked empty and

Someone else.

"Yume"
"Yume-chan"

Yume shakes her head and respond.

"I'm not yume, i am.."

"Hikari Nagiri"

------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the really late update (。•́︿•̀。)

Hope you will support my book and my other work◉‿◉

I also uploaded a new chapter to my other book:The Rumored Tyrant Royalties

Hope you also check it out!

And have a very good day y'all ( ◜‿◝ )♡