02

"Veronica" he whispered. "Hello father" I said quietly. "What the hell" he said and moved closer to me. I teleported so I was behind him. "I don't think so" I said and he turned to me. "My information" I asked and raised an eyebrow. "You'll see him sooner than you think" he said. "And what do you mean by that" I asked and she stayed quiet. "Agent Veronica Barton return to the control room" Nicks voice came over the intercom in this room. "What" Loki said looking to me and I grinned. "That's me" I said and teleported out.

I was back in the control room within a matter of seconds. "Can I have my keycard Nick" I asked and he nodded, handing them to me. I teleported to outside the training room. Nick lined it so I could not teleport in or out of the room, as well as within the room. Something about needing to be prepared if my magic shorts out. I swiped my card and walked in.

I took off my hoodie and pants leaving me in exercise shorts and an exercise bra. I started punching a punching bag.

An hour went by and I was still letting my anger out on punching bags. "You know, if you keep that up then they are gonna need a new shipment of bags" I heard Steve say. I looked up at him then to the pile of broken bags. "So" I said and continued to punch the bag. "Wanna spar" he asked and I stopped and steadied the bag. "You sure you wanna do that" I asked him. "Yeah, let's go" he said as he moved to the mat in the middle of the room. He took off his shirt and I couldn't help but look at him quickly. I got focused on the task at hand quickly again. "So, what's got you braking so many bags" he asked as we spared. "I don't even know where to start in order to answer that question. It's a lot" I said as I pinned him down easily. "Start where it feels right" he said as he got up. "What is this therapy" I asked as I hit him. "We're just talking. You shouldn't hold this in, your dad needs you to save him" he said as he pinned me. I stayed down for a moment and laughed. "That's hilarious" I said and flipped over my shoulder and onto my feet.

"What is" he asked as we started again. "The fact that he needs my saving, I highly doubt it. I mean, there's Tony, Bruce, auntie Nat, Thor, you, and all of SHIELD. I am simply here for... well I'm not all that sure why I'm here" I said and pinned him again. We started up again. "What do you think you are here for" he asked. "I don't know, I've never known why I was brought into SHIELD" I said as we kept fighting. "Wanna start that story from the beginning" he asked and I nodded as we continued. "My birth mother, I know nothing of her other than she is a queen of some small as country in the Europe area. My birth father is a damn god, and is currently sitting in a glass box in our basement above a multi thousand foot drop" I said as I pinned him again. We got up and started again. "The man who raised me from when I was ten, he is nowhere known, and is a damn mindless slave at the moment. The woman who raised me do to my dads job is currently at home with my newly adopted five year old son. I'm not even supposed to be here, I retired last year when when the foster system placed Michael with me. And as far as I can tell Nick bright me here to deal with major daddy issues that will never be fixed" I said as I pinned him again and again.

"What makes you hate Loki so much" he asked. "You met the man, what is there not to hate. He is a psychotic maniac who enjoys killing people and wants world domination. Not to mention my first ten years of life was spent with his insanity. My life was hell before SHIELD got me. All that happened after was that I was forged into one of the most lethal weapons on the planet" I said as I was pinned. We staid there for a minute breathing heavy. I flipped us so I had his arms above his head and I was straddling his waist. "Not bad, but you shouldn't get distracted" I began "you never know what will change in the matter of seconds" I finished as we looked each other in the eyes. 

We sat a minute trying to calm our breath as we looked into each other's eyes. I released his hands and rested my hands on either side of his face keeping me up. He slid his down my my legs and grabbed the outside of my things. We sat still, still working to calm our breaths. A few minutes later I rolled off of him and laid next to him on the floor. I conjured up a water bottle and drank some. I passed the bottle to Steve. "Thanks" he said and took a sip.

I flipped up and walked over to the towels. I whipped my face as I threw another towel to Steve. "You know..." he began as he started sitting up. "You may not feel it. But you are definitely not a weapon, you're a human being" he said and walked over to his shirt. I laughed lightly. "Sure Steve" I said and reached for my hoodie. He walked over to me and grabbed my hand. He put both of our hands over my heart. "Feel that" he asked and I nodded as I looked up at him. "That heart beat means your human" he said and I looked down and nodded.

"Aliens have a heart beat too, I'm not even fully human" I said as I looked back up to him. "You are more than enough human" he said looking into my eyes. "Hey, I mean it. You are not a weapon, your a human. Say it" he said to me. I staid silent as I stained him in his eyes. "Say it" he repeated. "I'm not a weapon, I'm a human" I whispered. He brought his hand to my cheek. "Now say it like you mean it" he said. "I'm not a weapon, I'm a human" I said a little louder. "Good" he whispered to me. "I have to shower and change" I said as I looked down. He nodded at me. I put on my hoodie so I could walk back to my room.