Chapter Twenty-Four

Three moons, there are already TWENTY-FOUR CHAPTERS?! HOW?! I don't know, but . . .

    ON WITH CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR!

    Glory's POV

    I stared at the sky, though it was too dark to see anything.

    "Glory, why are you looking up?" Tsunami asked.

    "I hear wing beats." I replied. Sunny perked her head up, twisting her ears.

    "Me too!"

    Suddenly, there were two thumps, almost simultaneously.

    "Mom?" I heard a familiar voice speak.

    "Moonraiser!" I growled. I could feel my daughter wince at my harsh tone.

    "Mom, I have something to say." She replied. I could hear the panic in her voice.

    "Oh yeah, you're starting to explain now?" I asked. I leapt at her but was swatted aside by a black tail. The other NightWing.

    "Let. Her. Speak." She growled. "Or I will." She held up a sharp rock and pointed it at my throat.

~After Moonraiser's explanation because I'm lazy~

    "Okay, but how do we know that's true?"

    Now my daughter smiled.

    "Enchant Moonraiser the Night-Rain hybrid to be able to show anyone and everyone the truth of what happened, whenever she wants to."

    Moonraiser glowed, lighting up the rock slightly before the light faded away. And then Moonraiser showed us what really happened.

    Macaw's POV

    Good. I have food. Now, I have to possess Moonraiser -

    WHAT?!

    Why isn't it working?! Try Phantomhunter! I tried to take over Phantomhunter, but she, like Moonraiser, was unable to be possessed.

    What's happening? I thought. The answer hit me like a sudden flame. I must have let my guard down, letting them figure out it's me, then letting them tell mom, letting them cast the spell that protects them from my spells! I whacked my snout.

    "I think there's someone in here. That's what the stick is saying." The voice echoed loudly among the cavern walls.

    "There's an actual cavern in there." Said another voice.

    "Who's small enough to go in there?" That voice I recognized. Now that I thought about it, I knew all those voices.

    Moonraiser! Phantomhunter! Mom! Dad! Oh no . . .

    "Who says we have to be small?" Moonraiser asked.

    "You've used enough of your power!"

    "Fine . . . "

    There was a slight pop as someone came through the opening. I started to panic, looking for another exit before I realized I could go invisible.

    I camouflaged, creeping towards the crack. And then I was caught by the tail, startling me out of my camouflage, my scales turning white.

    "Oh look I found him." Moonraiser said lazily. I started to squirm before light started to stream into the cave. Er, cavern.

    "What just happened?" Deathbringer asked.

    "I figured we might as well fix the sun." Phantomhunter said. And when I looked out of the crack, I saw that the sun was a bright yellow again. That's all I remembered.

    Alright, this is an edit, I repeat, this is an edit...

    So, as most of you know, there IS going to be a Valentine's Day special. BUT . . .

    I just wanted to let everyone know that there might not be an update until after the special, however I said "might" so that doesn't mean you shouldn't check every few hours for an update or something.

    NOW:

    THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1K READS! (Already more!) I AM SO HAPPY! I'm thinking of drawing Phantomhunter so you all know what she looks like. If I said so earlier, just a reminder that I am NOT a good artist, so she might not look so good (which is why I'm going to use a tracing of a NightWing)

    I will post a picture of her when the Valentine's Day special comes out!