Chapter Twenty-Three

Macaw's POV

    But where do I go to control them? Jade Mountain is too close to everyone, but maybe there's a secret cave that I can hide in?

    I started to fly towards Jade Mountain, keeping my scales the same color as they always were, not letting any white roll onto them.

    Almost there . . . I thought after a few minutes. There!

    I angled my right wing down, turning as I dived. I started to scout the Mountain. I spotted a cave once or twice, but they were very obvious. I even managed to find Stonemover's cave.

    Just as I was about to give up, I spotted a small crack in the Mountain that I could just barely squeeze through.

    When I reached the other side, I was met with dozens of stalagmites and stalactites. This wasn't just a secret cave. This was a cavern, hidden in the Mountain, stretching too far for my eyes to see.

    Speaking of seeing, I need light.

    A few minutes later I had gathered the supplies for fire.

    Luckily I can breathe fire and I have venom, so this is going to work. I spat some fire into the middle of the logs, sparking the stick at the bottom, slowly growing bigger and bigger until I had a roaring fire.

    I can do everything from here, but first, I need to find a way to get food.

    Moonraiser's POV

    I felt different. There was no other way to describe it. I didn't have that sense of taking over the world anymore. I just felt . . . normal. It was like a heavy weight was lifted from my head and I could think clearly again.

    "Phantomhunter, do you feel different?"

    "I . . . I do."

    "Where's Macaw?!" I yelped suddenly.

    "What?"

    "Macaw...I haven't seen him since I felt like, really weird!

    "Moonraiser, calm down!"

    "He's been behind this!"

    "Don't blame your brother!"

    "I know it!"

    "How?!"

    "When I enchanted mom and dad, Macaw was there. I didn't realize it at the time, but he was smirking."

    "Then, when we left Jade Mountain, he flew off in the direction of the Cloud Castle ruins. Where Darkstalker was."

    "After that, we betrayed Darkstalker, and he was probably working with Darkstalker, so he thought we found out that he was behind it all, making him go into hiding."

    Phantomhunter stared at me.

    "But what about - "

    "Him saying he doesn't want to go with me because there's something wrong?"

    "Yeah."

    "That was him putting on the 'I'm totally innocent' act. Classic move."

    "Never heard of it, but okay."

    "So he was possessing us, meaning that right now, we're not possessed, meaning . . . "

    "We can tell Glory!"

    Three moons WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?

    I haven't updated in FOUR DAYS!

    AHHHHH!!!!

    But anyways, that was the chapter, there's going to be another one, updates on The Dragon Savior will hopefully be coming soon, crossing my fingers. Okay, getting a little hard to type now . . . I remember actually crossing my fingers. It was actually hard to type since I'm not used to typing with TWO FINGERS. (I type with all of my fingers, thumbs for the space bar.)

    But anyways, I think that the time has come for me to say goodbye for now!

    So, see you in the next chapter. Bye!!!