𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪

Start from the beginning

"Hey, you wanna... catch up at my place Monday night? Unless if you're going to the party tonight. We could catch up then too."

"Sure. I'm not going to the party though—"

"I figured you weren't."

"Why?"

"Because of that Cole kid you've been hanging out with. He doesn't seem like a party kind of guy." He shrugs, "oh, and you guys aren't a thing, right? We can do anything we want Monday..."

"Yeah, yeah. We uh... we aren't even friends." I smile up at him. A small fake smile. "I'd love to come over on Monday." I lean up, getting close to his ear, "I kind of miss... fucking with you so..." I whisper and I can hear him let out a breath.

"I still think about you when I'm fucking someone else. You used to love that, huh?" He whispers in my ear, and I can't help but cringe.

"Yeah... I used to." I step away from him, smiling up at him. We used to tell each other that. We were both each other's favorites and we would always tell each other we were thinking of each other while fucking someone else. Not because we liked each other, but it only turned us on even more. Now all I can think about is: Cole wouldn't say that to me.

Cole would make me feel special and say I was the only one he wanted. No matter how many times I rolled my eyes and shushed him about it, he still said it. Now I finally see how special that really was.

"I'll see you later." He says, rubbing my shoulder as he passes me.

"Later." I mutter, turning around and walking to math class without my book once again. You know what? Fuck my book.

And fuck anyone who asks me where my book is.

◉‿◉

"Where is your book, Ms. Scott." The teacher questions, raising her eyebrows. "I know your mother is in the hospital but that doesn't give you an excuse to forget your books."

"Did I say it was?" I ask, rolling my eyes. "And who are you to tell me it's not an excuse? You don't know what happened."

"Ms. Scott. One more word and you are sent to detention." The teacher rolls her eyes, setting down the dry erase marker onto her desk.

"Because I'm right?" I chuckle, "you know what? Fuck you. Send me to detention."

◉‿◉

"Detention, Emery!?" Dad booms,

"It's not a big deal." I interrupt.

"Not a big deal? You have to be fucking with me right now. You have already missed so many days. Now detention? Your mother can't fix this one-"

"What?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

Dad sighs, shrugging his shoulders. "Your mother made sure they knew you weren't going to be at school. She sent in a child absence thing." He explains.

"That's why everyone knew." I state aloud, letting out a breath.

"My point is, this detention does not help you. You can't keep doing this Emery. This is your fourth detention this year. And detentions add up, Emery. They add up." He scolds, hitting his palm onto the steering wheel.

I just glance out the window, tuning him out. "Well, I don't want to be here anyways." I mutter, slouching down into my seat.

He lets out a small sigh, turning on the blinker as he turns into Auden's school. My stomach is still full of anxiety. Just under my rib cage my body is aching. I feel like every time I swallow, it gets stuck at the bottom of my throat and I overall feel like a ticking time bomb. One wrong touch or word will either make me yell in rage or sob all over the place. I haven't felt like this in what feels like a very long time.