#2: ditching is a thrill

Start from the beginning

"I'd like a bit of discrepancy with this deal." Luke huffed. "I don't need the whole bloody school knowing that I'm trying to learn how to fake innocence."

"Yeah, but now my friends think I have a thing for you or something." I muttered under my breath, only to fall silent when Mrs. Cheshire shot me a warning look.

Luke gave a short bark of laughter. "Well, who wouldn't?"

"Who wouldn't what, Mr. Hemmings?" Mrs. Cheshire sighed loudly as she turned to face us, obviously having heard the last part of our conversation.

Everyone went silent and turned in their seats to look at us. I blushed and sunk down in my chair, having not experienced this sort of attention. I never got in trouble during class.

"Who wouldn't fuck me?" Luke grinned mischievously.

For the second time that day, Luke Hemmings caused me to choke. I stuttered out a quick apology to Mrs. Cheshire as her cheeks burned in anger. Luke was leaning back with a sly smile as the class tried to contain their delight at his provocative words.

"Mr. Hemmings and Ms. Starke, would you please go wait in the hall?" Mrs. Cheshire demanded through gritted teeth.

"Wait, I didn't do anything—"

"Now!" She barked and I shot out of my chair like I had been electrocuted.

I looked down in shame as I walked out of the classroom. Luke followed me in a lazy strut. He didn't seem to care that this could potentially ruin our grades.

"Thanks a lot." I grunted, crossing my arms over my chest as I looked up to glare at the boy, however all I saw was Luke walking down the hallway. "Wait, where are you going? You're going to get us into more trouble." I hissed.

Luke shrugged absently. "We're already in trouble, who cares?"

"I care!" I looked at him like he was delusional.

Without warning he stepped closer to me, definitely invading my personal space. I spluttered out a confused "what are you doing?"

"I'm going to ditch." Luke tilted his head, looking at me as he backed me up against the wall. "Lesson two: ditching is a thrill."

"I am not ditching." I declared, crossing my arms over my chest with an indignant huff.

"C'mon," Luke nudged my cheek with his nose, stepping even closer to me. His hands came down on the wall next to my head, trapping me between the cool concrete and his body. "Be bad, beautiful." He whispered.

My breath hitched and I tried desperately not to react to his words. I bit my lip nervously before glancing back to the classroom. I didn't really want to face Mrs. Cheshire after this.

"I—I don't know." I choked out.

"Just think of how thrilling it would be to skip with me," Luke purred, running his thumb across my lip. "Please, love, I know you want to get out of here."

"I—ugh, fine." I gave up. "I'll skip class if you promise to be nice to my friends."

"I'll try," Luke backed away with a satisfied smirk. "But I'm not nice, Arizona. That's why you're helping me."

I immediately released the air I had been holding, whilst giving him a curious look. I assumed that was the closest I would get to him accepting my proposition.

"Okay, so... where are you taking me?" I asked, letting my teeth graze over my bottom lip.

"You'll see." Luke chuckled softly. "Remind me to teach you how to ignore seduction later. You're way too easy to tempt."

"Screw you."