01. Invitation to Movie Night

(A/N: Originally posted on AO3. CrackedSpinster has posted my fic on here also, but this version has been more edited and revised ^^

This whole thing started off as a random self indulgent 500 word drabble I wrote for myself, but now it's 20k+ words because so many people asked for more so I'm sorry if it's very, VERY cringe at the start. But I hope you enjoy anyways lmao❤️)

*****

Tony hovers in midair, aiming his repulsors at the doombots and blasting them to smithereens while Clint perches on a rooftop ledge, firing his explosive arrows into the crowd of robots swarming the street, the explosions creating slight tremors across the ground that nearly knock everyone off their balance.

Steve and Natasha dash about, taking them down one by one and Bucky crushes one of the bot's heads in his metal fist, casually flinging its body to the side where it slams into a wall, completely shattered.

Meanwhile, Sam surveys the area from above when he comes across a hoard of doombots scurrying off into the inner city, where most of the civilians had been evacuated to. 

"Stark? Need some of your help here, man. The bots are escaping."

"Uh yeah, no can do Birdy, I'm a little bit occupied right now," Tony grits out, the sound of his repulsor blasts echoing through the comms.

Sam sighs, spreading his wings wide open as he glides down to shove past the cluster of bots. One of them grabs onto his leg but he quickly shoots it off, sending it crashing to the ground below. "Okay, anyone else willing to lend a hand?"

Nat moves gracefully like a cat as she stuns the bots with her widow bites, electrical sparks flying into the air. "Sorry Sam, same here."

"Me too," Steve echoes.

"Me three, would give ya' a hand but I'm kinda using it right now," Bucky says, punching at the same time he lifts his muscular leg high up and swoops it around in a 360 degree circle to take down the surrounding bots.

"Ha, good one," Clint sniggers, as does Tony.

Steve mutters quietly in the background, voicing his concern. "Now isn't the time, Buck."

"Oh c'mon, Cap, a little mid-battle banter too much for you to handle?"

"No, I'm just saying we should stay focused, Tony. This is the largest number of doombots we've ever faced, and the last wave a few months ago wasn't even half this size." Steve expresses, using his shield like a glorified frisbee to cleanly cut through the robot's body.

"Ah, so I knew I wasn't going crazy," Clint remarks. "It definitely feels like there are a lot more of them this time round."

The battle continues on steadily, and Sam whines, trying to shoot at the bunch of withdrawing robots but some of them keep slipping through and getting further away. "Seriously? You're all busy? Ugh, guess we should call for backup-"

But before anyone could reply, a familiar red and blue clad vigilante swings down and webs up the stray doombots, successfully trapping them. He lands on top of a truck in his signature landing pose, immediately preparing for action. "Need some help?" Peter asks.

"God, yes, Spidey. Thanks for that." Sam breathes out, relieved by Spider-Man's arrival. "Could you clear up the rest by the perimeter for me? They're trying to escape. I'll handle the ones here." 

Peter swings in between the buildings, "Sure, no problem. I wasn't that far away in the neighbourhood, and I heard about what was happening so I quickly came to see if I could make myself useful." he explains.