𝐏𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

"𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓉 𝓅𝓊𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒, 𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝒸𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝓌𝑒'𝓇𝑒 𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃"

The girl woke to the sound of John B making a noise in the kitchen, she lay comfortably with her arm draped over JJ's chest, cuddling into his side on the pullout couch. She yawned, sitting up and greeting John B with a grin "Hey! Why are you up so early that's not usually your style." 

The boy shrugged, whilst pouring his coffee. "Dunno, just wanted to get up early for a surf before everyone else." his gaze met Brooke's and the two glanced over at JJ who was somehow still asleep. "He still mad at you?" John B quirked an eyebrow referring to the night before where the two had gotten into a small argument. It was stupid and nothing Brooke would ever take seriously, but JJ had stubbornly held onto his grudge and sulked for the rest of the evening. Such an ick.

Brooke just giggled as she reminisced the little disagreement. She had always found it difficult to stay serious in arguments, which often made them one-sided affairs. "Well, I don't know," she teased. Turning her attention to JJ, she gave him a gentle shake. "JJ, baby, you still mad?" she taunted, earning a groan of protest from him. She persisted, enjoying the opportunity to tease him a bit more.

"Fuck off, Brooke," JJ grumbled, rolling over to put some distance between them.

"Use of first name..." Brooke turned to John B, her eyes wide in mock seriousness. "He's mad," she declared, and John B just laughed in response. 

She rolled on top of JJ and settled herself on him. "I won't stop until you forgive meeee". JJ turned his face to look at her, finding it hard to maintain his grudge when it came to Brooke. Her charm had a way of making it difficult for anyone to get mad at her. 

Brooke couldn't help but notice the softening in JJ's eyes, the subtle grin that appeared without any words. She grinned back and planted a tender kiss on his lips, causing a smirk to break across JJ's sleepy face. "Morning, baby," he mumbled, watching as her face lit up when he spoke.

She playfully gasped, "Wow, he speaks," and gave him another quick peck on the lips before attempting to get up from her position lying on top of him. JJ quickly pulled her back down, wrapping his arms around her in a cuddle. "JJ I need to get myself a coffee." she grumbled, loudly, hinting at John B to make her a coffee, both of them knew she didn't really want to get up.

"John B, make Brooke a coffee please." JJ ordered as she settled into his grip, closing her eyes.

"No thanks JJ I'm gonna have to leave now, you two make me feel incredibly uncomfortable when you do this shit in front of me." He scrunched his nose up watching the couple. Brooke sat herself up to respond.

"It's not like we're fucking or anything!" She defended.

"Not yet at least" JJ smirked.

John B had had enough. He shouted, "I'm done!" and stormed off, slamming the door behind him. In response, Brooke smacked JJ across the head.

"OW" JJ protested.

"Why'd you always gotta do that!" She wined, and he just played dumb.

"Do what??" 

"Actually, it's funny, his autism really shines through." The couple giggled between themselves to the point where they couldn't stop, even though there was nothing to laugh at. JJ was laughing because Brooke was laughing, and Brooke continued to laugh purely because JJ was laughing. "ily"

"What?" JJ scrunched his nose up in confusion.

"I said ily," Brooke's voice was high-pitched and soft.

"What the fuck does that mean?"

"It means I love you" she shouted and grinned, bringing her voice down to a whisper "idiot". JJ knew the giggles were hiding her insecurity of the possibility of rejection, he noticed the way she fiddled with her fingers anxiously, and how she couldn't meet his eyes.

"Well I love you too Brooke." He whispered back.

"You do?"

"You know I do" He lightly brushed his lips against hers, their lips were only inches apart as he continued to speak. "idiot" he murmured.