𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐌𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞

"JJ!" the girl called out desperately as he walked away, her voice quivering with regret.

"What? What do you want now." He snapped.

"Please, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Let me make it up to you. I'll do anything," Amy pleaded, her face streaked with tears. The weight of her guilt was consuming her, and the consequences of her actions were too much to bear.

"You can't do anything. Just go. All I want is for you to fucking leave" he retorted, his anger evident.

"I'm sorry." She muttered, her voice barely audible.

"Sorry isn't good enough."

"So you're just gonna leave? Just like that it's over?"

"Yes." he affirmed, his tone resolute.

"JJ please just come back. It was one night and I- I was drunk, I didn't mean it!" She sobbed.

"You weren't drunk Amy! You were fucking high. And you know exactly how I feel about that after everything that's happened with my dad. You're a mess. Sort your shit out and then, maybe we can talk."  The two were both in tears. Amy sobbed loudly, unable to control her emotions whereas JJ let silent, angry tears fall down his cheeks. His eyes that were once filled with so much purpose and love were now replaced with bitterness and hate as he looked at the girl he loved. 

She just nodded, letting the boy she loved walk out of her life. Despite how rocky their relationship was in the past, she still always had his arms wrapped around her while she slept. But now it was truly over. There would be no one there to comfort her as she cried, no one to hold her as she fell asleep. No one. And it was entirely her fault.

A mere week had passed since their breakup, and the pain was consuming both JJ and Amy. They found comfort in their own ways, both sleeping around, with JJ drowning himself in alcohol while Amy got high on whatever substances she could find.

JJ continued to hang out with the Pogues, Amy, on the other hand, chose to isolate from them, spending most of her days at home or with her older brother's friends, who had never been a good influence. 

The Pogues were left in the dark about the breakup, but JJ's pure hatred for Amy left no doubt about the seriousness of the situation. He couldn't even stand to hear her name.

"Amy!" Kiara called out as she made her way through the door to The Wreck, where the two worked. Her eyes narrowed as she noticed the state that Amy was in, wearing sunglasses with her waitressing uniform. "Are you? Amy are you fucking serious right now?" The girl just groaned in response. "My dad is going to kill you." Kiara grumbled, frustration evident in her voice. As the words slipped out of her mouth, Mike walked in, a smile on his face as he focused on the order slips, not immediately noticing Amy's state.

"Morning, you two. Get to work. We have customers waiting," He reminded them. He glanced up, setting his eyes on Amy's new accessory, his expression shifted. "Glasses off, Amy." He ordered, his gaze unwavering as she took them off, quickly turning and putting her bag away to avoid Mike's stare. Kiara sighed, fully aware of how suspicious it looked and how perceptive her dad could be. 

"Amy, look at me?" Mike insisted, and she knew that it was officially over for her. There was no way she could get out of it this time. She held back the tears pricking in her eyes and turned to face Mike. "Are you- Are you high?" He questioned quietly, as to not disturb customers.

"I'm sorry, Mike. I'm really sorry, but I can still work. I'm fine," she pleaded, but he simply scoffed at her response. 

"You think people won't notice?" Mike's voice grew slightly louder, filled with frustration. The silence that followed was heavy, Amy at a loss for words. "You're done. No more favours, no more weekend shifts, nothing. And because I'm a good person I will give you a good reference." He added. He did feel for her, but she had exhausted too many second chances, and he couldn't keep it up any longer. 

Amy just nodded, muttering a quiet "thank you" under her breath.

"Mike, I really am sorry," she murmured, her voice filled with regret. After a brief pause, she turned and hurriedly left the restaurant. Tears streamed down her face as she kept her head low, avoiding eye contact with anyone who passed by. She glanced up for a moment through the blur of tears and noticed JJ and John B walking together, likely on their way to The Wreck.

"Mike I really am sorry." She murmured, her voice filled with regret. She turned and hurriedly left the restaurant. Tears streaming down her face as she kept her head low, avoiding eye contact with anyone who passed by. She glanced up for a moment through the blur of tears and noticed JJ and John B walking together, probably on their way to The Wreck. 

Her eyes locked with John B who instantly made his way over to her.

"Amy! Are you okay? I haven't seen you in ages," he began asking questions, but they seemed to pass right through her. The moment was a blur, and all she could do was cry. John B gently pulled her aside and wrapped his arms around her in a hug. She rested her head against his shoulder.

"I can't stop messing up John B." She choked out and his heart felt heavy for her. Amy had always been like a younger sister to him and seeing her in this state broke him.

"What happened?" He asked, concerned. 

"Mike fired me." She mumbled. "Turned up to work high." He just sighed. Her stupidity frustrated him but he figured that someone needed to be sympathetic with her.

"What are you gonna do?" He asked, gently. 

"I'm okay, John B. I'm just going to go home. We'll talk some other time." She mustered up the best smile she could and let him go.

"I- I don't know. It's okay. I'll figure it out" She reassured him, though deep down, she knew the consequences of not bringing home a pay check. Her dad made her pay, and if the money didn't come in, he wouldn't hesitate to beat her and kick her out onto the streets. 

"I'm okay John B, I'm just gonna go home. So I'll talk to you some other time." She mustered up the best smile she could and let him go. 

Her gaze followed John B as he walked away, and it landed on JJ, who had been watching the situation unfold. His eyes held sympathy, and for the first time, he didn't seem to feel complete hatred for the girl.

Amy broke the eye contact, continuing to make her way home. She didn't know what she was going to do. She knew it would be pathetic for her to turn up to the chateau knowing that JJ would also be there. But where else was there to go?