27.| Screw EndGame

Beginne am Anfang

Lucas nodded in agreement. "Raf, if all this stuff is too much, you don't have to help. I mean, Lan and I, we got—"

"Exposure therapy." Rafael interrupted. "It's, uh, it's supposed to be good for me. Plus, I want to be able to handle the dance tonight."

"Yeah, in case Hope happens to accept the invitation you sent her?" Lucas teased

Landon snorted.

Rafael tried the best to hide his smile but failed. "Dude, how about you worry about yourself tonight?" he says before walking away.

"I am," Lucas whispered before following behind.

Lucas made his way back to his dorm where he was getting ready. Just as he finished putting on the tux he quickly began to throw on his tie. As he was changing he heard knocks on the door.

"Come in."

Through the door came Alaric who seemed to have sad facial features.

"Hey, Ric. What's up?" Lucas questions turning towards the man.

"You voted for me to leave," Alaric started sounding a bit hurt.

"How did you—" Lucas paused. "Kaleb"

Alaric ignored the question. "Why'd you vote me out?"

Lucas sighed. "Because of Ric. Deep down it's what you wanted. You're the one who even put the idea into everyone's mind. You knew that this place shouldn't be run by a human anymore, but you didn't want to leave because you were afraid of how the students would react, so you had us choose for you."

"That sounds like something my fiancé would've said," Alaric admitted

"From what I know she also said that your dream was to create a place where your girls could learn to be themselves, to be safe," Lucas added giving the man a look. "You've done that, your girls are two of the strongest women I know—They kicked these monsters assess the past year, Ric. Now it's time they move onto the next chapter of their lives. Be the adults you wanted them to be. And we all know that the only way that's possible is if they learn to do it without you. Doctor Saltzman, I voted you out because one of us deserves to live a life, and find happiness. That should be you. Go out. Start dating. You aren't betraying your fiancé, or Jo, or even Lizzie, they want you to be happy. You've got to start letting the girls go, they're fine, and they've got you to thank for that."

Alaric slightly chuckled. "You deserve your happiness too."

"And I'm getting there." Lucas shrugged. "But you've gone through more crap than I have."

The man sighed before pulling the boy into a hug. Truth was, Alaric saw Lucas as a son, the son he never had. Alaric loved Josie and Lizzie more than anything, but it would be a lie if he said he didn't love Lucas almost as much as he did the girls.

"Alright, Ric. Don't get too emotional on me." Lucas chuckled pulling away from the hug. "Now, it's 9:30 and I've got to go see, Jo. I'll see you at school, Ric."

With that, Lucas walked away and made his way downstairs. As he walked down he noticed Josie walking in his direction. And she looked amazing.

Josie walked up towards the boy with a small smile

"Hi."

"Hi."

Lucas brought himself out his gaze before reaching into his pocket. "Um, you look amazing."

"So do you." Josie smiled

"Thank you." Lucas chuckled a bit before pulling out the corsage. "This is uh, for you. Can I, see your arm?"

Josie nodded before placing her hand in his. She smiled as she watched him struggled the first two seconds before finally placing it on properly.

"You ready to get your groove on?" Lucas joked

Josie slightly cringed. "You've definitely been hanging out with my dad too much."

Lucas nodded. "Yeah. You are right," he said chuckling. "You ready?"

Josie nodded.

The Nephilim held his arm out, and Josie gladly put her arm into his. The two walked towards the dance and once they entered Josie was quick to drag him to the dance floor. After a moment MG and Kaleb were both out on the dance floor as well. They were two hell of a good dancer.

"Hey, Raf!" Josie said noticing the wolfs presence

Lucas smiled. "Looks like exposure therapy worked."

"Depends. Uh, did Hope show up?" Rafael questioned

"Nah, not yet," Lucas answered. "But hey, she might show up still. Hang in there. Okay?"

"Alright."

"You look good," Lucas shouted as he was getting pulled away by Josie.

The couple continued to dance with the rest of the school, up until a slow dance came on. It wasn't awkward, the two did as they were supposed to. Josie gladly took Lucas's hand before laying her head on his shoulders and slowly swaying to the music. She wrapped her hand around his neck before pulling away and looking him into the eyes.

"Do you maybe want to dance somewhere else?" The Nephilim questioned

"Only if that's a metaphor," Josie replied

Lucas nodded before kissing the girl and grabbing her hand, walking out the grand hall. The two made their way to Lucas's room. They had basically been kissing the entire way there, and once they entered the room, Lucas used his telekinesis to shut the door.

The Nephilim placed Josie on the bed slowly before taking off his tux. And going back into the kiss.

"You sure you want to do this?" Josie questioned pulling away from the kiss.

Lucas furrowed his brows. "I've never been so sure of anything in my life."

The witch smiled before pulling into the kiss yet again. But quickly pulling away. "Do you have a condom?" she asks.

Lucas's jaw fell. "I knew I forgot something. Do not move! I'll be right back."

Speeding was one way to describe how fast Lucas was running through the halls in search of protection. The boy checked the draws, bathrooms, cabinets, everything. But he didn't find anything.

"Wade!" Lucas shouted before realizing what he was going to ask. "Yeah, never mind."

Lucas went back to searching for condoms and on his search, he ran into Dorian.

"Dorian! Hey! Sorry to interrupt."

"All good, Cas." Dorian chuckled

Lucas sighed as he tried catching his breath. "I um wanted to know if you uh—knew where the condoms were."

Dorian chuckled before pulling out the keys. "Go to the nurse's office, you'll find what you looking for in her desk."

Lucas took the keys before running to the nurse's office where he found what he was looking for. He went back to drop off the keys and quickly ran back to his room where he found Josie who seemed upset.

"W-what's wrong?" Lucas questioned, still a panting mess.

Josie faced the boy. "Um, would you be mad if I told you I wanted to wait?"

"Of course not, not at all." Lucas instantly said as he took a seat next to the witch.

"I'm sorry, I—"

"It doesn't matter." Lucas interrupted. "Whatever it is—if you're not ready for it, neither am I. This is a two-decision thing. We have all the time in the world, Jo." he smiles rubbing her back. "Nothings going to change that," he says planting a kiss on her cheek. "Do you want a cup of tea?"

Josie shrugged. "Y-yeah."

"Okay," Lucas says before standing up and walking out the room, towards the kitchen.

It was very obvious something was wrong with the witch, and he couldn't help but wonder if it was something he might've said or did. Was he moving too fast?

Or did she no longer find interest in the Nephilim?