Chapter One

By Cam and Linh 

(Warning! Please keep in mind, this is a comedy that contains potty humor. Read at your own risk.)

"Mr. Togami, sir. We've arrived." My chauffeur announced. I lifted my head up to stare out of the window of the limousine. There stood Hope's Peak Academy, the school for gifted juveniles; the school was government funded and high in popularity in Japan. The committee scouted out talented high school students to invite to attend the academy, which guaranteed success to any student once they graduated. I had been found and offered a spot in class 78 for my talent of intelligence, lineage, figure and athletic ability. Oh, and I suppose also for the fact that I rose above all my siblings and had been running parts of my family's large inherited business: the Togami Empire. I traded stocks in my free time, which had me gaining a large fortune.

Ah, life was too easy.

I took in the large brick building. It was admittedly impressive, compared to other schools that I'd seen. It most certainly wasn't as grand as any of my 10,000 square foot estates, but it would do.

My chauffeur stepped out of the vehicle and opened the car door for me. I put down the coffee my butler, Aloysius, had made me that morning, and stepped out of the car door with my briefcase in hand. As I began my stride towards the school, I suddenly felt unwell. It was strange. I had felt well and prepared that morning, what was going on?

Before I could turn back, everything went black.

I slowly opened my eyes, my head pounding. What in the world? I woke up in a classroom with boarded windows and a bulky surveillance camera. I noticed a small note on the desk next to mine, going off about some bogus "spending the rest of my life" at that school. I shook my head, and immediately headed for the school's gym, which I shortly found. The entrance ceremony must have been there.

At that very moment, I learned I had been locked in a school with moronic commoners, specifically fifteen high school students. I had never been more terrified in my life. Would I really be forced to share air with plebeians such as these? As I stood in the gym with my new classmates, I tried to keep my nerves under control. What if they had diseases? What if they made me sick with their street viruses? And worse yet, my butler was not there. I suspect that if there wasn't food made for us, I would just have to make one of my classmates cook for me. I could only hope that the peasants knew how to cook.

Then, this cheap looking stuffed bear had to ruin my plans. "Monokuma," my "headmaster." What a pathetic prank.

Until, it had fallen upon us that this was indeed not a prank, but a twisted reality where it was forcing my classmates into a sick killing game within the gates of Hope's Peak Academy. As long as it wasn't me, I suppose I could just stand back. Then again, I hoped that no one would dare to murder I, Byakuya Togami, or I would file a lawsuit immediately.

Wait- Agh, nevermind.

About a day later, after investigating around the available areas of the school and spending quality time in my room, the bear realized that nobody was considering committing such a heinous act. So, it came up with a motivation.

I stared at the DVD in my hand, as my classmates retrieved theirs from the cardboard box. Ugh. I despise this.

I stared at the blank screen adjusting my glasses and squinting. Just as I thought nothing was going to occur, a picture of a nine year old girl appeared. I immediately recognized her as Ayako Nishiyama. The girl who had attended my private elementary school. A split screen soon faded in of a picture of her and an attractive girl my age on the other side. Suddenly, I could hear Monokuma's voice.