Chapter 41

Anakin left the body and took off as fast as he could to another transport where Obi Wan was waiting for him.

" You did it Anakin, you found Ahsoka." he said with relief in his voice, patting his old apprentice on the back.

Anakin was gripping the handle hanging from the ceiling hard to prevent himself from shaking. He couldn't stop thinking about what Akorra had said. Ahsoka must not have been willing to turn so she did something or rather showed her something horrible. 

" Anakin?" Obi Wan waved his hand in front of his face. " Are you feeling okay?" he asked with more concern.

A grimace spread across the young man's face. " Is Ahsoka back on the Resolute?" he cleared his throat, changing the subject.

Obi Wan decided to ask him about it later. He knew better than to push him into telling him what he was feeling.

" Yes, your troopers brought her back. Master Plo is also already on board. You're the last one. When we get back to the temple, I want you and Ahsoka to meditate together, she's been through a lot." he couldn't bare thinking about all the awful events she had gone through when she hasn't even been alive for seventeen cycles.

Anakin physically shifted at the suggestion. " Uh, maybe you or Master Plo should meditate with her." he looked sideways at his Master. " I've never been the best at it." he then added.

" She is your Padawan. You two have a strong bond, besides she needs you right now." 

The transport landed a few feet away from the Resolute. Ever since coming to Mandalore, all Anakin wanted to do was find his apprentice, now he was beginning to wonder if him coming was a mistake. Of course he wanted to bring her home...but would she be still feel safe when she didn't even feel secure around him? All he ever wanted was what was best for her, maybe him being around was going against that. He took a deep breath as he climbed onto the ship.

He started to head towards the front when Obi Wan stopped him.

" Go check on Ahsoka, Anakin. I'll take care of the bridge." he smiled and disappeared behind the sliding doors.

The Knight nervously walked to Ahsoka's quarters. He felt nauseous with every step closer, until he was directly outside her door. He was about to knock, when he heard the faint whispers of two people talking.

" Shhh, it's okay Little Soka, you're safe now." cooed a low soft voice.

Anakin pressed his ear to the door. Those were the same words he said when he found her.

" I'm scared Master." Ahsoka mumbled, it sounded like she had just been crying.

" I know, but you're back with us. I promise I won't let anyone hurt you again." Plo assured back.

" What about Mast-Master Skywalker?" Anakin felt the fear spike in her through their force bond that was once very strong. 

He couldn't stand it anymore. He backed up and ran towards his room. He stood in the middle of his quarters, trembling. 

" What did you do to her!" he shouted, as if Akorra was right in front of him. He let out his rage and frustration by ramming his mechanical fist into the wall, leaving a dent. He eventually collapsed on the ground with his head leaning against the back of the cool metal barrier.

"  What have I done..."