The close contact with Ra amplifies the bond and his neediness. So when a hand rests on his, a chest brushes his side, and a breath tickles at his skin he can only feel more aroused and untamed. 

God, Noah, why won't you watch what you do?

"Huh, what did you say?" Noah stops moving for a second and looks up at Chi with doe-like eyes. "Everything all right, buddy? You look like you're in space, which, acknowledged, you are."

His head is clouded with stupid, wandering thoughts that best be contained somewhere away from everyone. So, yes, his head is in space and his skin is currently burning up like he's standing on the sun.

"No, it-it's nothing," he scoots away from Noah to the best of predicament. It seems like he's playing bumper cars for every shuffle he makes, he bangs into either the wall or Noah. "Did you find Enjas?"

"Couldn't find him anywhere. I was going to ask someone, but I thought better of it. I did figure out how to ask the computer for a picture, though! Oh, and I did sneak into the medical office. See? I fixed my wrist and bandaged up my knuckles. I got some supplies for you, too."

"Good. And that's fine, he'll be of no help anyways."

"Are you sure, I can-"

Chi springs to his feet just as Noah frees his hand. He can hear footsteps approaching the main entrance. His body jumps into action, running from Ra's office to the bedroom. On his way, he spreads his arms wide and whacks any object within his reach. Ra knows what type of mess Chi makes since he's done it before. A human, however, is very unpredictable.

Second stage of grief; Noah went through denial and now, it's time for anger.

He makes it to his 'deathbed' just in time. Ra can't see him from the entrance so, Chi keeps his eyes open and focuses on the impending interaction between the two.

Noah sends a worrying side glance his way and Chi responds back with the best angry face he can make. Miraculously, Noah gets the message. Acting like a cat trying to get one's undivided attention, he swipes at a vase.

"I... your furniture is ugly."

Ra lets out a weary sigh and Chi can imagine the look on the powerful man's face. Once again, the bond between Racer and Prey is making him remember things he shouldn't and plan futures he might not even live to.

"Take a seat somewhere, pet, I'll deal with you later," His voice is curt and clipped and ever so domineering. Pet.

Chi lays his head on the pillow, closing his eyes as graceful footfalls come his way. His forehead still tingles with the lingering kiss Ra had given him.

A door clicks closed and the soft breeze of material swishes beside his head. A soft hand brushes against his cheek and he can only hope that Ra doesn't feel the warm blood rising to his face.

"I missed you a lot," Ra whispers as quiet as a Katerian desert mouse, "I hoped when I found you, you would put up a fight. Secretly, I like to see you angry, in a cute way. Yet, it seems you decided the Race was over."

His hand trails down from his cheek to the hollow of his neck and calloused fingers dip into the groves of his collar bone. His body barely holds back a shiver but he can feel the goosebumps rise.

"When you left, you should have seen the reactions of the Imperial Court. They had to appear angry, but you could see the envy in their eyes. They will never have the chance to chase such rigorous prey." Ra's lips brush against his ear as he whispers, "But to me, you're more than just that."

No, no, no, no!

Fingers trail deeper, from his shoulder down to his wrist.

If his hand gets any deeper, Chi's going to start hyperventilating and start begging the warrior to commit sinful acts.

Stop stop stop stop, overactive brain!

If one swift movement, Ra's interlocking hands with Chi. Something thuds against the floor and knocks Chi partially out of his daze. But when Ra starts placing soft kisses on his knuckles down to his fingers, he forgets whatever's going on in the background.

"Even though your supposedly dead, the bond still lingers-" Ra flips Chi's hand over and his fingers dip into the smeared blood on Chi's hand. This is it, Ra's smart enough to connect the dots. "-you have the days until we reach Rinar to keep up your charade and happily play with your little pet. After that, you belong to me."

Chi opens his eyes and glares at the space where Ra once stood. The man gone in a matter of seconds.

How stupid it was of Chi to think he would actually get away with faking death. How even more foolish it was to place his trust in the hands of Enjas.

 How even more foolish it was to place his trust in the hands of Enjas

Hey hey hey, baby astronauts! How ya'll doing on this fine day?

I'm super sorry there wasn't a chapter last week! I was sick and consumed with work. Buttt, hey, if you want to see chapters early how about becoming a beta reader for me?

All you have to do is read through it, point out inconsistencies and say your thoughts. Bam, and the dirt is gone! You'll also be credited throughout the book for your hard work, space cadets. So, just drop a comment or PM me if you feel like giving it a shot. (And don't worry, if you want to stop at any time, then that's fine with me!)

Another quick question, ya'll into BDSM or nah? Not hardcore-hardcore, but would you like to see a lil rough stuff? ;)

this chapter was dedicated to @fishy_1 back in april '21 and i found out today (dec '21) that they are no longer on wattpad. i hope that if you do come back, you say hi, we all miss you bro <3 (UPDATE: i found them and now all peace has been restored in my life (aug'22))

Your commander, chief and king, out! ♔