Chapter 6

RAQUEL'S POV

When I woke up, I was back at the apartment. I was confused and for a second I even thought I was dead.

"Look who finally woke up"

I jumped out of bed as soon as I heard his voice, I couldn't believe my eyes when they landed on him. I was convinced that I'd never see him again yet there he was, Charlie. At that moment, I didn't care how I got back or what had happened, the only thing I could think about was how much I wanted to hug him.

I sprinted towards him and wrapped my arms around him. 

As soon as he held me in his arms I felt safe again, happy. 

I was so happy I hadn't even realized that we had fallen to the ground

"I missed you" - I muttered, hugging him tighter as I could feel my eyes tearing up.

"What do you mean you missed me? You just saw me!" - he replied jokingly.

"So it was all just a dream?! None of it was real!" - you could hear the relief in my voice and I don't think Charlie had seen me smile like that in a very long time.

"I guess so" - he replied. I could tell he was confused by my reactions but I was too happy to explain why I was acting as I'd just seen a ghost.

As soon as I got off the floor, it came to me. "Where's Lucas?" - I must've sounded like a hyperactive puppy, I sure know I felt like one.

"I think he's in his room, he should be up by -" - before he could finish even finish talking, I had already run off to see Lucas.

I stopped by his door right before opening it, I didn't want to scare him or get confused by my overenthusiasm.

I pulled myself together and opened the door expecting to see Lucas sleeping or picking his clothes, instead I opened the door to see Strucker inside of my brother's room. He was holding a gun against Lucas' head.

It probably wasn't wise to scream but I couldn't help myself.

"CHARLIE!" - I was panicking and I couldn't figure out what to do or what was going on.

"It wasn't a dream" - I whispered to myself, all of a sudden I felt light-headed and I was having trouble standing up.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US! LET HIM GO!" - you could hear the pain, the panic, and the sadness in my voice.

Strucker only seemed amused by my reaction. "приведи его" (bring him in) - he commanded. He was staring slightly past me as if there was someone behind me that I hadn't noticed yet.

I turned around only to see my uncle walk in, he was holding Charlie and had a gun pointed towards his head.

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!" - I cried out, tears falling down my face. I was feeling so many different emotions, I felt as if I was having a panic attack.