"Yeah sure little T what you need?"

We work for about an hour on an essay he has to write.

"Tommy you know you basically wrote that on your own all the ideas of what to write were your own I just helped with organisation. I don't think you need to worry you are really good at this" I say

He smiles at me nodding a 'thank you'

"Techno, Tommy Dinner time!" Philza shouted up the stairs. Philza is my adoptive father, he adopted me and Wilbur when we were 3. Me and Wilbur were twins but we were put up for adoption, I don't know why we weren't wanted, we have no idea who are biological parents are and I personally don't wish to know as they didn't want me so why should I want them either. Philza is my Dad now and he is the best him and his wife chose to adopt children instead of having any themselves.

2 years after adopting me and Will Philza also adopted my little brother Tommy when he was 3. Me and Will loved him although neither of us would admit it, our family was strange but it was perfect to me.

"Hi Techno, Hi Tommy"

"Hi Mumza" we say simultaneously.

"Will can you get the salad off of the side please?" Mumza asked.

We all sit down to enjoy our meal.

<Nightmares POV> 

"Well that was good fun." I say turning to Dream who was sat behind me.

"Yeah I'm still costing off of getting you to 2 hearts." He said smiling. I move onto his knee lying my head on his chest, he puts his arms around me humming the song he always hums to calm me down.

"I like that song you hum Dream, it's calming Dad used to sing it at night or when we had an episode." I say thinking out loud. He hummed in response.

"I know you do, you took Dads death the worst out of us all. Speaking of an episode how are you feeling now?" He asked the familiar caring tone entering his voice.

I cuddled closer into his chest, "I'm feeling ok I can still taste the blood but I mean what's new, between us we always are tasting blood" I giggle out.

He gives me a little squeeze giggling, "You had to remind me about that I'd just forgotten about the taste."

We hear some pans clatter downstairs, "Mum is strange." I muse.

"How do you mean" Dream asks clearly confused.

"Well when she is sober and not angry then she is a good mother, like now she doesn't start drinking until 10 pm and she would have pounced on us as soon as we got him if she was in a bad mood." I explain.

"I see what you mean, it's strange but how she can flip so easily like if one of us leaves the table to have an episode it causes her to change into a horrible violent woman I don't even recognise." He says continue it my thought.

"I can't wait to be able to leave home and hopefully Drista will agree to live with us but we have to go for legal methods otherwise she could be taken away from us, all I want is to protect her" I feel myself start to panic.

"Hey, hey, hey that's not going to happen we will keep Drista safe and you and me we have each other, ok? I'm not leaving you Night it's you and me for a long time." He puts a small kiss in my head and started humming the same song again.

This time I join in singing along half heatedly. "Oh, I could hide 'neath the wings
Of the bluebird as she sings
The six o'clock alarm would never ring
But it rings, and I rise
Wipe the sleep out of my eyes
My shavin' razor's cold and it stings
Cheer up, sleepy Jean
Oh, what can it mean that
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen
You once thought of me
As a white knight on his steed
Now, you know how happy I can be
Whoa, and our good times start and end
Without dollar one to spend
But how much, baby, do we really need
Cheer up, sleepy Jean
Oh, what can it mean that
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen"