Chapter 5 - Hotter than a Bunsen burner

Start from the beginning

"That keeps happening to them. I saw them at the store sprawled on the floor." I smiled to Lenora.

"I don't know how to react. I can't choose between disappointment and pride."

"Go for the latter. Trust me, regrets are a bitch." I smirked evilly. "Let's just say, that's going to happen a lot more since I'm here. So, you better get used to it."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made it through the majority of my classes, until the last one, English literature. I quite enjoyed it and I was a huge reader. After walking into my final period, I saw the teacher walk in. He was pretty young, but couldn't be older than 25. The satchel he carried swung as he walked, eventually it stopped when he sat down.

Apparently, the students had begun reading Hamlet at the beginning of the year, so I had to catch up. Luckily, I'd read the book before, so I knew what it was about.

"Can anyone tell me the key themes of Hamlet?"

"Being true to ourselves. It's like Hamlet says 'To thine own self be true.'"

"Hamlet never said that." I whispered to myself, hoping no-one would hear it.

"What?" The blonde girl turned around and stared daggers at me.

"Hamlet didn't say it, Polonius did, and Hamlet wasn't even there. Even if he was, Hamlet contradicts the very statement with his procrastination to actually execute his actions, which he doesn't, he just soliloquizes, which then externalises his inner struggle. The quote you said, it actually means to live a good and balanced life, and to stand by our choices." I declared quite loudly.

"Well done Miss, I'm sorry, who are you?" The teacher looks at me with a mix of confusion and interest.

"I'm Y/N Y/L/N."

"You seem to have a very in-depth knowledge of the book and characters. Have you read the book before?" I nodded in reply and the teacher's expression softened. "Well then, it appears the class has someone to look up to. Pay attention to Miss Y/L/N, you might learn a thing or two."

"Thank you, sir." I nodded.

The rest of the lesson went on as normal, apart from a few odd glares from the blonde girl.

"You, Y/N. You did good work today." The teacher said as I was leaving.

"Thanks."

As I was walking out, I saw Lenora bolting it down the corridor, (about a week before Arvin beats the boys up) followed by the boys.

"Hey Lenora!" I whisper shouted, "You keep running, I'll distract them."

"Thanks Y/N." I smiled back at her. After I tousled my hair so it looked less tamed than before and leant up the side of the lockers, waiting for the boys.

I put an innocent smile on my face and turned away from the direction the boys were running.

When they came past me, all of the goons stopped and swaggered over to me. "Helloooo Y/N."

"Gene, Tommy, Orville. It's great to see you again."

"We were just heading to the diner if you wanted to join us."

"I can't, I have to get back to my Aunt." I flipped my hair over my shoulder and smiled candidly. "I'll see you tomorrow though Gene?"

"Of course." I walked a few paces before I heard, "Damn, she's hot and you could totally introduce her to your mom. Not like that slut you've been banging the last few weeks."

"Gene, if you don't have her, I will." Matson announced, slapping Gene's back.

"Shut up Tommy, you think she'd go for you after you pissed yourself in biology?"

"I didn't!" I smirked, nearly letting a scoff escape my mouth, pleased with myself.

Can't say he didn't deserve it.

(i can't believe how many reads this story has, thank you so much!)

Comment any scenarios or imagines you want!

Edit: OMG, we hit 1999 reads! Thank you guys so much!