57. Grimmauld Place

Start from the beginning

"Kreacher, can I ask you.."

"Filthy little Mudblood is not.."

"Kreacher!" Ginny warned him as she came to the drawing room.

She shoved Kreacher back into the kitchen after scolding him. Hermione looked at the cups on the table, Ginny served them her green tea. She looked at the children sleeping on the other couch. Andromeda placed a blanket on them- probably coming from her bag.

Ginny didn't smile as she offered them to have some tea. It showed clearly she didn't like Andromeda or maybe in particular, anyone that's related to the woman who almost murdered her years ago. The woman who died in her mother's hands. Hermione fixed her gaze at Ginny, realizing that the younger witch was clenching her jaw at Andromeda and Narcissa.

"It would be better if you could keep your eyes with respect, Ginevra- or you want me to gouge them out for you?" Andromeda snarled at her.

Ginny blinked her eyes quickly and looked away to the artefacts on the shelves. Hermione looked at the books on the shelves, realizing that they've been untouched for so long. She knew Ginny is not the type to read much books. Well, maybe it could attract her if it's related to Quidditch.

"How did you guys arrive here?" Ginny asked.

"A Portkey- Draco's told me it would lead to my house, but I have no idea why did we end up here" Andromeda replied quickly, not in the mood to have a conversation with the redhead.

"I assumed he put trust in the wrong person, then"

Narcissa spitted the tea, the cup scattered to the floor. The pieces was splattering everywhere as her breathing became rapid. Andromeda widened her eyes as she summoned a cushion before placing on her sister's back. Hermione warned Ginny to not say something offensive any longer.

"I hope you don't mention about Ministry or Auror in front of Narcissa. I don't bring any vial of Calming Draught with me, if you can tell" Hermione explained.

"I'm sorry" Ginny disappeared into the kitchen, letting the family in her drawing room take their time. Hermione approached Narcissa, checking on her breathing by casting a spell. After a few minutes, her breathing became normal again. Andromeda let Narcissa rested her head on her shoulder, worrying if the witch might go panic again.

"The effects are not as long as the Calming Draught, Cissy. I assumed you know that"

"Sorry- I'm just afraid"

Hermione excused herself from the sisters after casting a diagnostic spell on Narcissa. She stepped into the kitchen, finding Ginny brewing something in her cauldron. Sweats rolled down from her forehead as the heat from the boiling liquid in the cauldron warmed her face.

"What are you doing?"

"Quick Calming Draught. I assumed Mrs Malfoy would be needing it- if I ever slip anything like that"

There was a silence between their conversation. Hermione could tell how deeply the guilt was overwhelming Ginny. She must be shock when they arrived and suddenly she made one of her guests getting panic attack. She looked back at the witch.

"Mother is fine, now. You're doing this alone? Where's the house-elf?"

"Kreacher is no use. Calling me Blood Traitor everytime Harry's not around and I'm just sick of it. He only listens to Harry after all"

Hermione nodded her head. She should've expected this long before Ginny moved out from The Burrow to stay here. Kreacher is way too loyal to the Black Family. He was actually very loyal to Draco too. She remembered few times in their old manor in Muggle London when Draco would call out for Kreacher and the old elf would appear in front of them out of nowhere. She fixed her gaze on the decorations on the counter.

"I need Harry's help. Or, maybe you can help too"

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Draco is still in France. Or- if he's still there. Almost a year away from London- I can tell you he's having a plan in his mind and don't bother to tell us. First London, then France, Italy, Scotland, Massachusetts, Albania- he's been Apparating to every single woods around the world looking for everyone"

"Where did he hide for all these months?"

"Parkinson Manor. The last time I know, Pansy was dead right in front of my eyes. Draco killed her"

"I don't expect that"

Ginny summoned a goblet from the cabinet with her wand and transferred the draught into the goblet. She asked Kreacher to give Narcissa the drink and asking him to clean other places away from her. Kreacher muttered at Hermione the slur Mudblood before running away from the kitchen as Ginny threatened to torture him.

"Do you actually torture him?"

"No. It was always a plain threat"

Ginny turned on the water tap and cleansed the cauldron and elm spoon before returning to her seat across from Hermione. Hermione took out her wand and cast Silencing Charm and locked the door to prevent anyone from hearing them. She knew how much of an eavesdropping expert Kreacher was. Ginny furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Is it possible for me to get into Ministry without being investigated?"

"I'm not sure. Kingsley felt a bit of suspicion towards you when you defend the Malfoys. Harry told me"

"He's really been spilling tea for everyone there huh?"

"I doubt you can get into the Ministry after years living a Muggle society, Hermione. I know you've broken into Ministry and Gringotts at the age of 18, but I don't think it would look amazing in your 20s"

Hermione nodded, unbothered to reply. Her eyes observed the decorations and designs of the kitchen- Ginny hasn't changed anything. It was all the same and maybe- tidier and brighter than before. The place was dark during the war, but it was nothing like that now. The House of Black has returned its' glow. She wondered if the annoying portrait of Walburga has been taken down or not.

Just when she's about to ask Ginny a question that popped up in her mind, a flame behind her turned greenish. She could feel a familiar presence coming out from the fireplace. There, stood a young man with his glasses and green eyes, dressing in formal court robes, his eyes fixed on Ginny.

Hermione stood up, looking at the wizard in front of her. Harry Potter was there, smiling at them. As his eyes fell to her, a confused look fixed upon that handsome face. His green eyes were asking for explanation, but Hermione pushed away her chair, running straight to hug the wizard.

"Harry!"

*********
I will try to update as soon as possible. This book is longer than I expected. But I hope you enjoy!

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

Love you xx