41. Blood Purity (3)

Draco's eyes were wide opened. His silver grey eyes wandered around the room, staring at the constellations on the ceiling. He glanced at Hermione who was snoring softly next to him, her calm breath tickling his bare chest. The rain was pouring heavily outside, making it even harder for him to sleep in the gloomy atmosphere. Random thoughts were flying inside his head, deteriorating his already unstable sleeping routine. Draco let out a defeated sigh before stepping out from the bed.

He slipped into his sweatpants and took his wand at the bedside table. Glancing at the clock, it was ticking to 3.00 am. He put the blanket on Hermione's silhoutte carefully, didnt have any intention to wake her up. He unlocked the door and strolled out from the room slowly. He whispered the Warming Charms to prevent himself from freezing because of the chilly weather and the rain pouring outside. He could see the rain and snow pouring heavily outside from the windowsill. The ground was flooded with thick snow which he was sure he had to clean it all up in the morning.

"Lumos"

He strolled downstairs, contemplating the portraits of the ancestors of Malfoy down the stairs. All of his ancestors were slumbering in their royal looking portraits. As he strode down to the end of the stairs, he caught a bright light from the kitchen. Suspicion overwhelming him, he casted Nox and kept his wand to his side. His eyes flickered around, thinking who would be awake at such hour with the crazy temperature outside. He stepped into the kitchen and found a familiar figure with a long wavy black hair wearing floral sleeping dress. He took a breath of relief.

"You?"

"What the hell? Why are you here?" 

Andromeda jerked to the back, the ladle she was holding flew across the kitchen. Draco quickly put on the Levitating Charm to avoid the ladle from hitting him. His eyes snapped at Andromeda angrily. Andromeda scowled at him before summoning the ladle back to her. She continued to focus on the potion she was making. Draco's eyebrows knitted, questioning the weird act of his Aunt. He sat at the countertop in front of Andromeda, observing the potion.

"What are you making?" he asked with a smirk.

"Didn't Hogwarts teach you potions?" the older woman replied with sarcasm.

"Just tell me"

"Cough potion. For your mother"

Draco frowned at Andromeda's words. His eyes snapped to the ingredients next to the cauldron pot. Sweats were trickling down Andromeda's forehead, the heat of the potion in the cauldron was steaming her face. Draco observed her quietly as he shook his legs against the cabinet below the countertops. Andromeda's brows knitted in annoyance, she scowled at her nephew before pouring the potion into a golden goblet. 

"Why are you up at such hour, Draco?"

"I can't sleep"

"Okay, but why did you come into the kitchen?"

"Well, I wasn't planning, but I saw the light"

"Okay, do you need anything?"

"Don't try to act so decent to me"

Andromeda gave Draco a dirty look before cleaning all of the utensils with Cleaning Charms. She muttered Scourgify under her breath while observing her nephew. She placed the goblet on the other table and sat down, her eyes scanning the words written in the book in front of her. She was trying to distract herself from the disturbing presence of her annoying and insolent nephew. Draco pulled out the chair and sat in front of Andromeda.

"What do you want, Draco? If there's nothing, go to bed"

"Chill. Why did you make the potion for mother?"