22. The Feelings

"You'll be back in a week?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah. Why do you keep asking the same question since breakfast?" Draco looked at her in suspicion.

"No, it just feel weird when I'm not working there anymore"

"You wanna come?" Draco smirked.

Hermione laughed as she shook her head. Draco chuckled before starting the engine of his car. With one last smile to his wife, he drove out of the mansion. No kisses or hugs. Just smiles and teases. Hermione sighed before walking back into the mansion.

Boundaries. She thought.

The boundaries she created to set a gap between her and Draco. Though they've crossed the boundaries sometimes, but it was nothing more than just friendly touches. No love or affection. Friends. Except for few kisses they've shared together. Hermione sighed.

Hermione walked upstairs, stopping midway. She turned to Draco's door, feeling curious of what's been kept inside. She walked to the room and opened it. It revealed a king sized bed with emerald green and silver sheets hugging the bed. She looked around, finding a long emerald green couch sitting next to his personal study. Hermione smiled as she walked in. The room described him well. Slytherin.

Malfoy style.

Hermione sat on the chair of Draco's personal study, looking at the files on his table. She smiled. He was really a hard-working person and she felt like going to work again. Yeah, Draco stopped her from working and made her a full-time housewife. She didn't like the idea at first, but she ended up doing it. Yeah, maybe it's better than getting shouted at for no reason.

Ding Dong

Hermione Apparated downstairs as she heard the bell rang. She exited the lavish designed entrance, wondering who would be here at such hour. A smile lifted up on Hermione's face as she saw a familiar figure behind the golden gates. She muttered the password and ran to the woman.

"Narcissa!"

Hermione ran into Narcissa's arms with a bright smile. Yeah, after 3 months of marrying Draco, she became so close to Narcissa. It was almost like she was the daughter and Draco was the son-in-law. Narcissa smiled looking at the smile of her daughter-in-law. Hermione invited Narcissa into the mansion.

"You didn't tell me you were coming, Narcissa"

"I sent an owl to Draco but it seemed like the letter went elsewhere"

Hermione laughed at Narcissa words. She asked Narcissa to sit at the living room as she went into the kitchen to make some drinks. Green teas but make it Muggle way. After few minutes brewing her and Draco's favorite teas, she headed to the living room with a silver tray.

Narcissa was dressed in an emerald green knitwear with black silk pleated skirt. She looked so beautiful and elegant. She looked younger than her age. Her blonde and brown hair was looking wavy as if she has just got back from the saloon. In total, she looked so beautiful.

"Where's Draco?"

"Oh, he has work outside the state. He'll be back next week"

"How are both of you? Any news?"

Hermione smiled before shaking her head softly. There was really nothing besides them spending more times together for both laughing and arguing over stupid things. Narcissa smiled, understanding. She took a sip from Hermione's tea. Narcissa smiled, feeling satisfied.

"Now I know why Draco loves your tea so much"

"Huh?"

"He sent letters to me twice a month and he always mentioned about how he's so obsessed with your teas, especially green tea"

Hermione laughed at Narcissa's words. Draco is really that type of mommy's boy, as what Muggles always said. Looked at how much of his tenderness she discovered just by talking to Narcissa. The Draco she knew was someone cold as stone, unpredictable. But, the one Narcissa knew is a cute and innocent little child.

"He's really unpredictable"

"I know. Oh ya. He sent a letter, talking about the boundaries between both of you. Is that the reason why you aren't pregnant yet, Mione?"

Hermione almost choked on the tea. She didn't see that coming from the older woman. Cold sweat could be seen on Hermione's forehead. She wasn't expecting the question to come. She thought Narcissa would understand that they both don't love each other even if they're married.

"I.. I don't know, Narcissa. We're just not ready yet"

She lied. She fucking lied.

A part of her wanted to feel Draco's touch, but a part of her was scared. She never had any experience on those things. Deep down in Hermione's heart, she knew there was something started to bloom for Draco. But, she can't figure it out. No, not yet. The time hasn't come yet for her to discover the feeling she felt for him. She didn't know if it was love, because she never felt like this when she was with Ron.

At that moment, she realized—

She never loved Ron.

Both Draco and Ron, they were different. She knew Ron so well that she never thought of being together with him. They grew up together, like siblings. Ron has never see her more than a thing. He used love to make her believe she loved him. When the truth was, she never see him more than a brother. Just like Harry.

But, Draco— he's just different.

Different from any other guy she has met and known. Different from Harry and Ron. Draco is a gentleman. He was always there to give a hug when she was having a hard time. Even though it was a friendly hug, but she felt safe. She felt protected in his arms. She felt protected in those arms of someone who she used to hate for her whole life.

Or maybe— she thought she hated him.

Hermione felt happy around Draco. He always made her laugh with his stupid jokes. He was always there for her whenever she wanted to talk to him about problems. Things she couldn't share with her friends, she shared with Draco. She felt so comfortable and protected around him. She felt loved.

"Hermione, are you okay?"

"Uh? Yes, Narcissa. I was thinking about something just now"

"Do you love Draco?"

"I.. I don't know" she replied, almost whispering.

Hermione didn't know. What was it like to be in love? What was it like to be loved? Most importantly, what is love? She never tried to figure out the exact meaning of that one syllable word. That one word that she has always been curious about. Does she love Draco? She asked the same question everyday after her husband fell asleep.

Does the feelings ever existed?

******
Messy one!

Hope everyone is doing fine!

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

See you in next chapter! ♥