50. Anti-Muggle Wards

The irritating noise of Apparition rang in Hermione's ears. She scowled as her face met the ground. Hermione quickly got on her feet, observing her surrounding. The wind was extremely cold even though it was summer. Her surrounding was dark, intimidating, vicious. She could hear screams of terror in her head, she could hear the death attack in her head, she could feel a very different energy at her new surrounding. It didn't feel familiar but she wasn't foreign with the situation.

Hermione took a quick glimpse and realized that the ring on her finger was shining to a direction. She knitted her eyebrows in curiosity as she followed the glimmering path. It was like a path to tell her where was Draco. But, why would the Apparition take her here? What was Draco doing here? She could feel the coldness of terrible usage of magic. The surrounding was filled with dark magic.

A huge black painted manor was towering right before her. Hermione looked at the tall pillars holding the weight of the ancient manor. She gained her courage to wipe of the dust covering the plate at the pillar of the rusty gate. She frowned a bit as she tried the words written on the shining gold plate. She came closer and saw a familiar name.

 Ancient Manor of Parkinson.

She's read about the manor. Parkinson, part of Sacred Twenty-Eight, alongside the famous family like Malfoy, Weasley, Avery, Carrow, Longbottom, Black, Lestrange and more. They belonged to the same group of Pure-blooded wizards and witches. Most of the members of Sacred Twenty-Eight were once known as the cruel Death Eaters. It was an exception for the Weasleys, Longbottoms and Shacklebolts as they were the very well known and powerful members of Order of The Phoenix. 

Hermione leaned against the hedge behind her. Her eyes were quivering with fright, she was breathing heavily at an uncontrollable speed. Panting, as if she was just running from Snatchers. She flickered her eyes warily, observing if there were any danger coming. She was gripping her wand too tight that if she add another force, the wand might be broken. Hermione pointed her wand as she heard a twig snapping, only to meet with the baffled expression of Theodore Nott.

"Granger?"

"Nott? What are you doing inside that place?" she pointed her wand to the manor.

"Why would I answer that? What are you doing here, Mudblood?"

"This ring here sent me your message, Nott"

"You! You were the one who had his ring whole this time?!" Theo asked in incredulousness.

"Yes, what.."

Both Hermione and Theo turned to look at a windowsill as they heard a very loud tuneless caterwaul. Theo looked worried and at that point, Hermione realized whose scream was that. It was Draco's. He was screaming in pain somewhere inside the manor. Panic and worried were written on Theo's face. Casting Bombarda Maxima, the gate exploded and let Hermione ran into the manor with the help of Theo. It wasn't really helping since there were a lot of Anti-Muggle Wards securing the place. Hermione scoffed, stupid blood purity beliefs.

"How am I suppose to sneak you in?"

'I don't know! You should know any charms that could help!"

"Really, Granger? You were literally the brightest witch of our age!"

"And you're obviously 7 marks away from me! Isn't there anything to break the Wards?"

"Oh yeah? You think I know?"

"Nott, I don't come to argue.."

"Hermione?"

A familiar voice caught Hermione's ears. She tilted her head to the back door and saw a tall and slim figure, dark skinned with black hair, stepping cautiously towards hers and Nott's direction. It was Blaise Zabini. His tall figure was approaching them slowly as he looked around. Hermione checked on Nott. They were probably if the Parkinson girl was checking or not. Blaise jumped to the ground, observing Hermione. He pinned her to the tree and pointed out his wand at her.