Chapter 374: Please Speak Politely

Start from the beginning

"There aren't ten floors? What do you mean?"

"People that enter the upper ten floors are not able to return to the lower floors, and they will lose the opportunity to exit the tower as well. This is something that you all are aware of, right?"

Zhu Yao nodded.

"Actually, no one knows about the situation in the upper ten floors. The people in the lower ten floors basically aren't able to find out. Everyone thought that the upper floors would be similar to the lower floors and be split to ten floors. However, in actual fact, there's only a single floor in the upper layer."

Zhu Yao and her master were both stunned. After a moment, Yu Yan said. "You're saying that the God Realm is above this floor?"

"That's right!" Nangong Cheng nodded. He pointed far towards the horizon in front of him. "Do you see that light?"

After looking closely in the horizon, there was indeed a glowing vertical line that shot straight upwards towards the sky. It was as if it was splitting the sky into two halves. Because it was so faraway, all they could see from here was a thin line.

"That's the passageway to the God Realm." He continued. "From here, it's about several hundred kilometers away. As long as we reach that place, we can head straight towards the God Realm."

"Several hundred kilometers." Zhu Yao's heart shook. They were going straight for the peak of the tower over here. "That's not far either." If they were to fly on their swords, they wouldn't even need an hour.

"It's not far!" Nangong Cheng's eyes opened wide, his face looked strange. As though he had thought of something, he turned to look at Yu Yan and said. "Didn't you tell her?"

Yu Yan shook his head. "Not yet."

"What do you mean?" What kind of secret are you guys keeping?

"Dongfang girly, haven't you tried sensing the divine energy in your body?"

"Sensing div... the hell!" Zhu Yao tried sensing, and then she began to feel uncomfortable all over. Her cultivation and divine energy were still present, but... she couldn't use them!

Nangong Cheng had a bitter look. "From here to where that Light of Guidance is, we aren't able to use any mystic arts in the area. That's why... we have no choice but to walk there."

"..." Are we going back to the stone age now? This entire floor is a mystic arts restricted zone!

No wait!

"If we can't use mystic arts, then what about these barriers?" She pointed at the green translucent barriers that were surrounding her and the rest of the people.

"Nascent Divided Pearls." Yu Yan took over. "When we came up, the Nascent Divided Pearls that we gathered before automatically opened up barriers. Every Nascent Divided Pearl can sustain the barrier for about half a day. If the barrier is destroyed..."

Before he could even finish, a scream suddenly sounded from the side. A Level 10 Deity not far away was currently rolling on the ground, covered in fresh blood. Surrounding him were a bunch of shadows, which constantly crashed into him. With every shadow slicing through, a piece of his meat would be torn off. Though he was resisting against them with all his might, he could not block the horde of shadows that could already cover the sky itself.

The blood on-site made it look like a very terrifying zombie film. A living Deity was dismembered right in front of them just like that. Zhu Yao could not help but take a step forward, but was stopped by Yu Yan. "It's too late!"

Yu Yan then pulled her over, covered her ears with his two hands, and sank her in his embrace. As expected, the noises from over there disappeared a short while later.