Chapter 4

Undisclosed Location - CIA Headquarters
June 11, 2026
0600 hours

Erica's POV

I walked into the headquarters of the CIA. It was a stone gray building that looked like a state penitentiary, but on the inside it was gorgeously decorated with glass models and plaques everywhere. I spotted my ancestors on one of the walls, leading all the way back to Nathan Hale (Elias Hale wasn't there since he was that good of a spy). I smirked and went up to the reception. There was a man around 6'0, 175 lbs, black hair and brown eyes.

"How may I help you today, miss?" I showed him the text. He quickly scrolled through the computer on his desktop.

"Meeting room 6, miss. Have a great meeting." I smiled at him with a cold gaze, then went onto meeting room 6. I entered through and saw a large conference table, with a projector set up to showcase a video conference with who I presumed to be the director of the CIA. They had no camera, and a voice modulator that was evident. I sat in the spot marked by my name, and waited.

After 15 minutes, 7 more agents came in. 3 of them included Cyrus (grandpa), Alexander, and Catherine.  The other 4 I didn't recognize. My family sat beside me while the other 4 sat across from me.

"Thank you all for coming today, sorry if I ran a little bit late on other calls," the director of the CIA said. "It has come to my attention that a few individuals have become of national threat. We are working on the basis that they are all still in the organization SPYDER, but that has yet to be proven. These individuals include Joshua Hallal, Ashley Sparks, ans Dane Brammage.

Obviously this is security level AA2. These individuals have caused mass amounts of chaos over the past decade for us. While they have gone dormant lately, we believe that they are now active again. We need all the help we can get to take them down.

Therefore, we are activating you on Operation Echo Fox, which will include reconnaissance and following up on leads that we have found."

"So, who is getting activated?" I asked.

"You are." This struck me as odd. The meeting was called for me to be know that I'm being activated. Yet the director of the CIA hadn't even addressed me as my name. Or my parents. The guy at the front desk didn't even address me as my name, even though he must have known that it would be me in Meeting Room 6.

"Goldfinger."

"I beg you pardon, madam?" That was it. It was time to go. My family sensed this, and we rushed to the doors. The four agents tried to block us, but we took them out with ease and ran outside the office room. We sprinted out of the building, to many surprised faces, and got in the family SUV and bolted. A mile away, the gray building, still in sight, exploded into a great orange fireball, followed by a thickening layer of smoke.

"I knew there was something fishy about what was going on," Cyrus muttered. "Once they didn't answer the code Erica gave them, I knew it was a setup."

"What does this mean?" Alexander asked.

"It means that whichever evil organization is plotting their schemes next, they have planned this for years. And now we wont have the backup of the CIA," Catherine responded. Just as she said that, we got an alert on our phones.

*4 fugitives wanted in State Penitentiary bombing*

I looked at it, horrified, as I saw my family's faces as well as mine.

Thanks for reading this chapter. As always, leave comments if you have suggestions. Also, let me know how long you want this story to span (how many chapters). Thanks again!

K.