The slightly pink haired girl laughed bitterly, memories of the party flashed through her mind. She shuddered remembering the feel of the grey eyed girl's hand, reaching for her hair. There was nothing she hated more than a desperate flirt who won't take no for an answer. Toni had dealt with a fair share of women like that and it always ended the same, her saying no and the other woman turning salty.

Toni rose from her seat aggressively, taking a threatening step towards the brunette who attempted to intimidate her.

"Funny you say that when you're the one who made a move on me." The brown eyed girl shook her head in disbelief, while the brunette stepped back almost immediately as if she was threatened by the slightly smaller girl. "If I hadn't rejected you, no doubt you'd be sucking up to me right now."

The woman before her scoffed in response to her words, turning and walking away from the situation she'd clearly lost. The corners of Toni's mouth curved up slightly, a sense of satisfaction washing over her as she watched the girl leave.

Toni stood for a moment, taking in the event that had just played out before her. It wasn't everyday she found herself arguing with someone she didn't even know. The thought pulled her mind back to the argument she'd regrettably waltzed in on earlier. The conversation had obviously been heated, and Toni wondered if the stranger was merely taking her anger out on her.

Her brown eyes drifted towards the slightly ajar door of her english room. It was quiet, no lecture, no soft hum of the indie pop music Cheryl tended to play in the background. As though her legs had a mind of their own, Toni found herself walking aimlessly into her classroom.

Cheryl didn't seem to acknowledge her presence straight away, her fingers rubbing her temple.

"That had to have been the most infuriating woman I've ever met."

It was probably the wrong way to break the tension that clung to their air like dust. But at least it made Cheryl release a lighthearted laugh.

"Yeah, well, try being engaged to her. She never used to be that way." There was a hint of defeat in the way she spoke, and Toni didn't miss the way her heart dropped to her stomach.

The word 'engaged' floating around her head like birds in a cartoon. Her eyes fell to the ring on the woman's left hand, silver and sparkling. There was no way she'd missed it, she never missed something like that. As much as her mouth tried to form words, nothing came out.

Toni should've seen it coming, no-one who looked like Cheryl would ever be single. She was practically a model - anyone would be an idiot not to scoop her up. She couldn't help but feel stupid, even though the two were merely student and teacher. But pining for someone who was taken, was never part of her plan.

"God, I'm so gonna get fired." Cheryl groaned, her head still in her hands. Toni gave her a sympathetic look, knowing the woman was already in the bad books of her principal.

"I doubt that old grump will find out." Toni attempted to soothe the doubt hanging over her professor.

"Don't play dumb, Toni. It'll spread around like wildfire by tomorrow morning." The redhead sighed, finally lifting her head to meet the devastated gaze of the brown eyed girl.

Her shoulders that were once confident and stern now sagged, a heavy feeling aching in her chest. It was hard to look the redhead in the eye, the sight only reminding her that those beautiful brown eyes weren't hers to stare at. Cheryl took a moment to look Toni over, her expression softening as she noticed how she held herself.

"I hope she didn't bite your head off too much."

Toni shot her a faint smile, "I'm just happy I'm not the one marrying her."