Royal Visit

Alyssandras P.O.V:

I woke up before dawn, as always. my family and I were early risers. My hat fell off in the middle of the night and I quickly tucked my hair back up into the hat.

I ate an apple while I waited for the guys to wake up. Athos got up next and went outside without even glancing at me. Aramis was next, then D'artangan, then Porthos and Planchet.

Everyone left me alone when the saw I wasn't taking. I was stood by the window gazing out and watching people walk by. I soon saw Athos hurrying towards the building with us in it.

Athos burst through the door and said, "we have been summons to the castle by the king get ready and meet me outside.

I sighed and left the window sill tucking my necklace into my shirt. I have a plain weight tunic over my corset and everything else up top so no one would see the corset.

We walked up to the palace and stood waiting for the king to show up to give us our punishment for brawling with the red guards. I was standing at the end on the right of D'artangan.

I had my hat on still while the others didn't even have theirs with them. "His majesty the king," someone announced from above us as we kneeled, a young childish looking man walked up to us saying, "well, well, well, brawling with the Cardinals guards, that's very bad," he sounded like a father talking to his naughty son.

"We..." D'artangan started but Aramis jumped in,"...humbly apologize." The king said a couple things regarding how many were involved but other than that I wasn't paying much attention, I was worried that I would have to show my true identity.

The king kept glancing at me every once in awhile but other than that I don't think he'll mention for me to remove my hat. Knock knock, "her majesty, the queen." my eyes widened, "shit," I hissed under my breath. The queen will surly want to know who I am.

My shoulders dropped and D'artangan noticed. He decided not to say any thing though. She walked over to us leaving the king a little shocked at her presence.

She looked at me but decided to leave me for later. "Anne, what a pleasant surprise." The king stuttered.

She looked us over, "my ladies and I wanted to see the valiant Musketeers who stood against the Cardinals guards, 5 against 40, or was it 400."

Athos answered her, "just 40, your majesty, it was an off day." The king chuckle joyously while saying, "that's my musketeers for you, by the time they wright songs about you it will 4000."

The queen looked at us, then the king. "I hope you won't punish them too harshly, after all boys will be boys." she stepped towards us and looked at D'artangan, "you must be D'artangan, my lady in waiting told me how brave and dashing you were yesterday, but you must try not to be so reckless."

D'artangan looked up at the queen, "can't help myself your majesty." She nodded then walked in front of me. I didn't look up fully but enough to let her know I'm not ignoring her.

She smiled, "may I see you without the hat?" I hesitated, but did as she asked, she is my queen and I don't want to disobey her. The boys were looking at me with curiosity, they were eager to see who was under the hat.

I slowly took the hat off and looked up at her letting my hair fall over my shoulders. Everyone except the queen did a double take. She smiled at me and asked, "what is your name? Why would such a beautiful woman wish to hide?"

I bowed my head in shame, " my name is Alyssandra Céleste Beauchene. Because everyone would cast me aside in horror at the thought of a woman wanting to become a musketeer and dressing like one, they would surly faint of shock if they were too learn a woman knew not only how to wield a blade, but to shoot a gun and brawl."

The boys besides Athos looked at me in sympathy, Athos looked betrayed. The queen nodded, "does your family know about this?" I looked up at her letting a tear fall from my eye. Athos saw that and softened.

"Yes your majesty, my father taught me, but he was murdered 2 days ago along with my 15 year old sister." She looked about ready to cry herself.

She looked at the king then back to me, "all will be revealed to you in time. You will not be cast aside I promise you." I nodded, numbly staring at the floor.

D'artangan put a comforting hand on my shoulder as the queen walked back over to her ladies. The king looked at me sympathetically,"well, stand up then, Athos, Porthos, Aramis, forgive me for saying this D'artangan, but um, you do look a little underdressed."

"My father is a poor man your majesty, for the musketeers well these are the only cloths I have." The king smiled, "oh well then, we'll just have to rectify that, can't have my musketeers or the son of one looking like tramps, new suits, all 'round I think, yes, you'll see to that Cardinal, and uh, yes and a purse of gold for you each as a reward for your courage, you'll see to that as well Cardinal. Oh and yes, before I forget, no more fighting with his eminences guards.mmm. or there'll be none of them left."

The cardinal starts to dampen the mood, "your majesty might I suggest a mooreeee..." the queen cuts in,"excuse my impudence Cardinal but but I doubt the king needs your advice in this matter after all, they are his musketeers, good day gentlemen."

The queen and her ladies in waiting curtsy and walk away while we bow. The king looks to us and says, "Well now off with you rascals," we bow to the king while he speaks again,"but uh be there for the parade tomorrow, new suits and all, the king claps and we bow again.

As soon as we were out of earshot the questions started. Athos turned to me and blocked my path as the other three stood on either side. I sighed as I waited for them to interrogate me.

Athos looked at me while I held my hat in my hand,"so that's why you didn't want to tell us?" I sighed again and nodded. Aramis asked next, "your father taught you even though you are a girl?"

I nodded again,"my father was determined to have an "heir to the family musketeer" as he called it. He would teach me day and night from the age of 6." D'artangan asked next, "how old are you?"

I nearly lagged at him but kept a straight, expressionless stare on him, "25 years." their eye widened, not expecting me to be that old. Porthos was last to ask.

He almost seemed hesitant to ask, "where's your mother?" I still kept a straight face as I answered the hard question, "she died giving birth to my sister Anna." they looked saddened, immediately I could tell Porthos regretted asking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello people. 👋. Hope it's not too short.

*~*Casey