The Big Assignment

The whole day I spent ignoring everyone, I've been in my own little world while drinking from a bottle of wine. I don't get drunk easily.

It was around 9 when there was an annoyingly desperate knock on the front door. I already knew who it was because of the blue cloak I saw swish past the window.

"Coming, coming, hold your horses, it's not a matter of life or death you know." Planchet exclaimed.

"Actually, it is." The lady in waiting replied. She walked right in and asked for D'artangan.

"You want me to go to England, retrieve the diamonds that the Queen suspects might be in Buckingham's possession..."

I watched as D'artangan and the lady in waiting talked, while I sharpened my blade.

This could be a fun trip. Going to England. Breaking into the Tower of London. Demolishing things. Fighting people. And ruining Buckingham's day. Joy to the world the lord has come.

I was taken out of my thoughts when Porthos nudged my arm. I looked up and saw the lady in waiting kiss D'artangan.

Before anyone could say anything, I sat back and said calmly, "Well I'm in." D'artangan looked at me gratefully.

I was lost in thought again when I heard a voice from outside, "Musketeers! Open up and surrender by the order of the Cardinal!"

Our heads whipped towards the source of the voice and Aramis jumped up looking at Constance saying in a deep husky voice, "you were followed."

Athos followed Aramis to the window and said it was Rochefort. That bastard. "Athos, Porthos, Aramis, Alyssandra and D'artangan. Surrender your weapons and no harm will come to you."

Rochefort was on horseback calling out to us with many red guards waiting outside. We gathered our things and hurried to our horses. I had brought Galileyo over a few hours ago.

We waited for our cue, "oh sorry, didn't see you there." We rushed forward and barrelled out of the exits knocking red guards on their asses.

D'artangan had Constance sitting behind him while bringing up the rear while Galileyo and I were behind Aramis.

We had made it to Calais by morning. We needed a plan to get out of here. By now there was a bounty on our heads.

Aramis walked over to U.S. After looking around, "Jusak, and a lot of help."

"How the hell did he get here so fast?"

"We need a distraction."

I stopped listening to their insignificant questions and statements. The girl decided to play decoy while the rest of us escaped.

As expected, the red guard thought she was D'artangan and went after her.

We were on the boat to England as Athos was briefing us and what Milady will expect and what she'll tell Buckingham. The plan was quite simple. Strategy. The opposite of what they would usually do.

D'artangan and I are the wild cards. We will hide in plain sight while the others are the decoys. We will slip in and then execute our plan or our back up plan.

Aramis wasn't happy with me going in. He wanted me to be with the rest of them I could tell. I could see it in his eyes. They way he squirmed when Athos was telling me my part of the plan. The others could tell as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's so short and that I haven't been updating. Ive been so busy. Between school work and driving 6 hours each weekend to another town to look at houses and other things I've just had no time for things like this. Sorry if I've been taking so long.

~Casey