the darkness within

I couldn't sleep my body woke me up at 6 am i tried sleeping nothing was working out so i put a hoodie and some black running shorts got my headphones and went for a run which was probably not the smartest decision when it was cloudy outside why does it rain so much in this bloody place I ran and everything made sense it was a freeing passage of hope I felt content just with my own company for the first time in years I could breathe but then I couldn't because I got tired so I sat on one of the light rain kissed rocks it only drizzled so it gave the forest the perfect touch and sat and watch the sky slowly change colors it was painted pink and orange with a burnt tinge it locked breathtaking I was to engulfed in appreciating the natural beauty in front of me that I didn't notice someone creep up to me and felt a pair of hands snake around my shoulders making me jump and almost punch them as a reflex but I heard a familiar laugh  and turned to see sky of all people laughing his ass off as if he just did the funniest thing in the world.

"what the fuck is wrong with you, I'm gonna kill you," I said

he just laughed "so tell me what are you doing up this early'' he asked me

"I couldn't sleep a lot on my mind so I woke up early," I said playing with my necklace absentmindedly.

we just sat in comfortable silence words felt like a chore so instead, we watched the sunrise and the rain shower painting the rocks with reflections of the sky it made me happy and gave me peace until I was broken out of my thoughts by sky.

"We should head back silva comes here on a morning round," sky said

I nodded and headed back but went to sky's dorm with him because I left my charger there I grabbed my charger and saw riven sleeping he looked so nice and almost adorable when he was asleep weird. I walked out and back into my dorm and took a shower and changed realized I still had about 45 mins left before breakfast so I went back to sleep completely forgetting that today was training day and that I am a complete dumbass. i woke up to bloom yanking me what the hell.

"were late sooo late get up get changed today's training day fuck" she yelled running around and grabbing her clothes

I jumped out of bed and grabbed a jacket because I fell asleep in my clothes and ate a packet of granola bars while running with bloom to the training area and ran into professor Harvey he sent bloom and I towards riven and sky and told me to tell Aisha to go to him.

"Hey where have you been," Aisha asked me

"overslept also professor Harvey told me to tell you to find him" she nodded and left

"what are we supposed to do "I asked riven

"fight that," he said

whys he being so weird he's being all distant and dark maybe its because of Beatrix wait what's wrong with me obviously it's because of Beatrix he really liked her I guess but instead of doing the right thing I proceeded to do what I always do I put my defenses up too instead of trying I went cold. I was broken out of my trance by hearing the burned ones' training prototype snarl. I slightly moved a step back and subconsciously my back almost touched rivens back and I looked around trying to figure out where the hell the burned one was as we anxiously looked around for a couple of second until something came running towards us I was too entranced rather petrified to think straight until riven kinda yelled my name and then the flame took over it rushed out with such intensity and flamed the burned one I thought that would have been enough but it overcame the fire so I wrapped it in a water tornado attempting to suffocate it and then I did something I didn't know was possible I made a passageway through the tornado and flame entered flaming the already suffocated burned one. my body felt like it was on fire ready to give away any moment I was slowly losing my balance but kept it I think I was so caught up in the moment that I forgot it was real then it crumbled and died and I slightly tumbled from the impact knocking my back right into rivens chest who caught me by my waist I regained composure and quickly stood up. professor Harvey then made his round and told us something around the lines of how we need more mutual trust but we were still satisfactory and made us head back to the other side we walked in silence until I saw bloom and sky having a moment so I stopped not wanting to walk by that awkward interaction and yanked rivens arm and made him hide behind the bush with me .

"what the fuck" he said

I just silently pointed towards sky and bloom and riven then said something extremely weird and cryptic.

"oh sky perving on another freshman while he leads Stella on how wonderful," he said bitterly

"whose the second freshman," I asked him confused

"What does everyone think I'm fucking blind or something I saw you walk out of sky's room in the morning today "he scoffed

at first I was completely dumbstruck and looked at him like he just committed homicide i was about to explain myself but then my ego and stubborn manipulative side pulled me in the dark and convinced me otherwise why should i be accountable to anyone who does he think he is.

"you must be fucking joking not that I owe you any sort of explanation wait what if I was with sky why the fuck are you mad at me aren't you the one in love with Beatrix"

"go fuck whoever you want faith I couldn't care less," he said with a smirk which pissed me off way more than him arguing back would have so I started walking faster and reached the other exercises. I was then paired up with Dane we had to go against terra and some random guy and i could feel the flame course through my skin along with the anger but it plagued me instead of letting me control it controlled me. 

Dane and the other guy fought combat while terra and I were supposed to support. she grew a vine tree right through and without thinking, I yelled fire and burned it to pieces and then flushed the pieces towards the other guy with water only for him to slip and slide I couldn't help but laugh a bit only to get an extremely not amused look from ms Dowling. who decided to want to see me do combat with only water power against Dane, I had plenty of experience from my brother and riven so I wasn't that worried. Dane got in a good couple of punches I managed to dodge but after he got a good kick on my rib cage in my fight or flight mode kicked in and I managed to create a water vine and wrap one of his arms only to roundhouse kick and knock him out I was fucking exhausted so I walked right past towards terra who was surprisingly sitting next to riven what but as soon as he saw me approaching them he got up and left I just rolled my eyes and sat next to terra.

"what was that all about," she said referring to the awkward encounter between riven and i

I just breathlessly shook my head

- my entire story accidentally got unpublished so I'm just tryna restore it and publish it