33

Clair's pov:
My mates along with the rest of their family, including Marcus, Janie and Alec of course, have been staying close by my side ever since I woke up from the horrible vision I had. Alice also explained to me how she had the same one shortly after I did. It made me sad to know that she felt just as much pain as I did, but she quickly explained to me that I don't need to worry and more than the pain she felt extremely worried for my safety. She really is that sweet of a girl. Rosie also made sure to refill my cup of tea again and again. And I do appreciate it since it does help with my throat, still I would prefer some hot cocoa over a cup of tea at any time! Esme also has made a chicken noodle soup for me. She even went shopping for the ingredients since she hasn't had everything for it at home. i did try to reassure her that she doesn't have to make it for me, but she wouldn't hear. So yeah, i totally got pampered the whole time. The best thing about it thought is that my mates along with Marcus and the twins have been telling me about themselves some more. After all I couldn't talk without any pain, so they did instead. And I definitely enjoyed getting to know them all even better and better.
Suddenly the door gets thrown open with a very loud bang. This frightens me, especially since I know that no one was expecting any visitors, so who would be that then? My mates quickly pull me behind them as Jane and Alec take their spots on either side of me. Marcus also took a stand next to my mates, shielding me from any newcomers even more.
„Marcus! What happened! There was suddenly shouting through the phone and you wouldn't answer any more!?" a very stressed yet powerful voice asks. He also sounds really worried about Marcus health which makes me calm down a bit. A friend of Marcus surely is a friend of us too. Right?
„Aro! Caius! Gosh I thought someone was going to attack us!" Marcus says in utter relief. Janie and Alec also seem to relax some more. They both even smile assuringly towards me. Letting my know that I really don't have any reason to worry about anything.
„We are Sorry. That wasn't our intention at all. We only were really worried so we came as fast as we could." another man says in apology. Hearing some sort of shuffling I look around confused on what is going on now. This whole vampire thing is new to me so I don't know who they are nor how I should act properly.
„Did you guys by any chance brought Aman along with you?" Marcus asks them hopefully.
„We Did. Is someone hurt? Your mate? Your daughter?" The first one questions suddenly completely panicked again.
„I can't see either of them." the second one says just as frightened for my moms and I's health it seems.
„Little one? Could you please come to me?" Marcus softly asks me. Even holding out one of his hands to me in reassurance that I won't have to meet his friends on my own. Slowly, after the approving nods from my mates, I take his hand and get right away pulled next to him.
„May i introduce you to my wonderful daughter. This is Clair Baker." Marcus proudly states as he makes a gallant arm movement towards me.
„Oh! You are such a sweet little thing!" the one with black long hair says as he smiles extremely widely at me, even jumping up and down in excitement. A small giggle escapes me at his silliness but I quickly pull my free hand in front of my mouth. It however was already too late since they all heard this embarrassing sound.
„Such a lovely sound you just made dear. There is no need to hold it back, ok?" the blonde one says with an honest smile plastered on his angelic face.
„There is no need to be so shy little one. Those are my brothers I have told you about. This one is Caius and that's Aro." Marcus softly explains making me feel a ton better alone with the knowledge that those are people Marcus trusts with his life. So I guess I can try my best to get along with them as well.
„Hi." I mumble out still pretty painfully. Of course the pills, the tea and even the soup helped but sadly only for a short period of time. Seeing the two man scowl slightly makes me sad. Guess they already dislike me a lot.
„What happened to your voice young one?" Aro questions in worry as he reaches out to touch me but I quickly hide behind Marcus. Don't judge! I don't know them at all and after the vision I am really frightened that someone else could still do this things to me. Slowly tears of mortifications form in my eyes. Hating to look and act like a complete weakling, but I don't know how to change that.
„Come here my love." Emmet softly says and simply picks me up to cuddle me. This way I also can hide my face under his chin which I always love to do.
„Brother? What happened to your daughter?" I can hear Aro ask slightly furious. Not knowing if he is furious at me for not letting him touch me or for something else makes my heart beat way faster.
„Shh, you are completely fine. They all are only really worried for you." Edward explains what is going on. This small information definitely soothes my worry quit a bit. Still I won't leave Emmets strong arms.
„Why would she even think we would hurt such a cute little thing?" Caius asks suddenly standing next to Emmet so I have to look at him now.
„Hey, you are now part of our family dear, that means we will do absolutely everything to keep you safe. Ok?" he explains with a reassuring smile on his face. Happy that they also see me as their family, I shyly smile back at him as well. It's really great that my family keeps on growing now after all those years of only mom and I.
„That's more like it dear! A smile suits you way better!" Caius says and winks at me which of course makes me giggle softly.
„Where! Want to see her smiling too!" Aro says with a low whine. Even pushing Caius slightly away so he can look at me now instead. Seeing them interact with one another like this makes me giggle wholeheartedly. Sadly, since my throat is still pretty sore, a heavy coughing fit stops them from coming out quickly. Their faces look sad as I hold my throat again in pain.
„Aman come here real quick." Aro says towards a few waiting guards I guess. One, really big and mean looking one steps towards them without another word.
„This is Aman Young one. I know he looks pretty mean but he truly is a teddy bear." Aro tells me when he sees me eyeing this Beast of a man that Aman is.
„can he touch your hand dear. He can heal people, but he needs some physical contact for that." Caius says and explains why I need to allow him to touch some part of my body. Taking a deep breath, only to get reminded myself that this as well hurts my throat pretty bad. So without any more thought, I slowly hold out my hand towards this unknown vampire. Other than expected he really softly lays only two of his fingers on my finger tips while he smiles reassuringly at me. Slowly a small light starts to go up my fingers and right towards my throat. This whole thing took less than one full minute before the light comes back towards Aman where the light slowly subsides again. He once more smiles softly at me before retrieving his fingers from mine again. Swallowing a bit, only to test if it indeed helped. A really excited smile forms on my lips when I realize that there truly is no pain left.
„Thank you Aman." I thankfully say and see all of them sigh in relief that it had worked that good and that my throat is back to normal again.