Part twenty nine

So she did. From that moment, neither of them had any more doubts about the other.  They had traveled with Annelisse's family to France and had a spectacular time. Incredibly, her parents loved Draco, they did not expect the Malfoy's son to be that good at all, even Draco was still surprised at how much he was changing even though he liked it.

The world next to her, seeing everything differently, seemed as if everything was possible and achievable. Draco felt that he could finally be happy after all this time.  Annelisse had restored hope to that boy who seemed to see no light at the end of the tunnel and Draco was eternally grateful to her, as well as being completely and deeply in love with her.

After four days with her family, they had managed to spend a day alone on the streets of Paris.  Draco and Annelisse left the hotel very early to make the most of the day, as if it were the last day on earth.

They had gone to the Place Vendôme for breakfast and ate what a typical and traditional french would have for breakfast.  Draco besides being with her, he felt good to be away from his family, feeling as if all his problems had disappeared.

In the middle of the morning they decided to wander the streets of Paris looking at the shops, buying souvenirs and absurd things that they did not even need but that would be to remember this trip.

Without a doubt, they were both having one of the best days of their lives and they couldn't feel better.  They had even bought a disposable camera so they could take pictures of them to make memories.  After a long walking, discovering all the city,  they decided to stop to eat at a restaurant.  It was totally new to Draco, he had never been doing something so Muggle for so long, but he incredibly loved it.

They had finished eating and were having some wine while talking about any nonsense, telling stories.

Annelisse couldn't stop laughing at what Draco was telling her "I can't believe you did that, really."  She moved her hand as she continued to laugh without stopping.

"I thought I could, after all  I'm Draco Malfoy."  He explained rolling his eyes.

"Draco, who would ever stand in front of a hippogriff  without his permission  and hope nothing happens?"

"This boy." He said pointing to himself "It was Potter's fault, always getting everyone's attention."

"Not true, it was your ego's fault, which is as big as your head."  She replied amused.

"Did you just call me big head?"  He raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe."  She pressed her lips together, hiding a laugh.

"Lisse, you'll find out when we get out of here."  He threatened her but in a playful way, squinting his eyes slightly.

"Oh, how scared I am."  She scoffed, teasing him a bit.  Draco's jaw tightened as he tried to hide his smile.  He liked her to challenge him like that. Annelisse took her glass of wine, thoughtfully, as she rolled it over.  "You know? I've always wanted to set up a scene, like in the movies, and get rid of paying."  A somewhat malevolent smile began to form on her face.  She took a drink from her glass, watching Draco's reaction.

"You're not being serious..." He raised both eyebrows in surprise.

"Why not? We're in Paris, nobody knows us... And it would be fun to do something crazy."  She teased him with her eyes.  Draco moved his tongue inside his cheek, feeling certainly tempted. "Scared, Malfoy?" Annelisse  tempted him again.

He gave a small chuckle. "You'll find out."  At that very moment, Draco got up slamming his napkin on the table "You thought I wasn't going to find out?!"  He yelled out of nowhere, taking a few steps toward her as he pointed a finger at her, pretending to be angry.  At that very moment, the people around them turned around looking at them.

Annelisse, tried to hold back her laughter and became serious, getting into the role just as Draco.

"You really thought I wasn't going to find out about you and Blaise?!"  He added.

Annelisse got up just like the "As if you were better!"  She yelled back at him.  Both moved around the restaurant and people watched them in disbelief at such a scene.

"Oh, no. Don't turn the conversation around me, this isn't about me. We're talking about you!"  He continued.

They were both going to the door and one of the waiters approached them trying to stop them.

"Isn't it about you? You slept with my best friend—" She yelled, waving her hands.  Noises of surprise could be heard from the people "—After sleeping with my sister!"  She added, causing people to be surprised again.  The waiter in such a situation did not know what to do.

"Oh, and that's why you slept with your teacher too?"  He replied in the same tone, raising hands.

Annelisse put a hand to her chest, her mouth opening in surprise.  Seconds later she raised her hands, giving up "I'm done with this, you're an asshole. I can't put up with you."  She said looking hurt and left the restaurant door quickly.

"Hey, come back here!"  Draco instantly followed her and as soon as he did, the two met.  They shook hands and ran out of there without looking back while laughing.  They felt the adrenaline rush in their body as they did it, it had been strangely fun.

They ran into a small alley and hid.  They both leaned against the wall, resting.  They had their breaths racing and at the same time they laughed at what they had done. 

"That was bloody amazing." She said between gasps and laughs. Draco without hesitation got up and faced her, took Annelisse's face in his hands and kissed her passionately.

He loved her, he was completely sure of it.  Annelisse was perfection for Draco, he had never met someone like her, so unique, spontaneous, crazy, sweet, gentle and with the best heart anyone could have.

"One day I will marry you."  He whispered against her lips "Not now, not next year, but someday. You have to be mine, whatever it takes."

Annelisse smiled widely at those words, it was the most romantic thing someone had ever said to her and she felt like those girls in the books, lucky to have a wonderful boy by her side and even if she didn't say it, she also hoped she could spend, whatever she calls, a really long time next to Draco.