Part twelve

If You Love Her - Forest Blakk.

The song's so freaking beautiful. You'll love reading the chapter with it, trust me.

__________________

SILENCE filled the entire classroom. Draco felt safe, loved and that feeling was stupidly cool to him. Annelisse continued to stroke his hair gently and she watched the boy she had on her lap, enchanted. Saw a small but visible smile on Draco's lips, enjoying was she was doing.

"Tell me something, a secret." Annelisse said in a low voice "Something so silly but that you like and nobody knows."

To which Draco opened his eyes and stared at her for a few seconds, thoughtful. Draco Malfoy had a lot of it, there were a lot of things that he had or did and no one knew.

"Well, we have a house-elf in my house, Dobby. When I'm home alone, I talk to him and spend some time together. We are friends, I guess."

Annelisse smiled hearing that. She didn not expect Draco to tell her anything at all "That's lovely, Draco."

"What about you? Does Annelisse Haunt have any secrets?" Draco looked at her raising his head and both eyebrows.

"Maybe." She replied and pressed her lips to hide her smile.

"Oh come on. It's your turn."

She sighed "Okay, let me think." She said and tried to remember something. Moments later, remembered something and braced herself for what she was about to say "Sometimes when I can't sleep at night, I sneak out from the tower and go see Moaning Myrtle and talk."

"Seriously?" He said surprised and she nodded in response.

"You'd be surprised how cute she is."

"Wow, I didn't know Hufflepuff's were bad guys." Draco joked, to which Annelisse gave a little laugh.

"Oh come on. Not that you never did any mischief." She raised an eyebrow.

"Well, quite a few."

"Isn't the phrase 'My father will hear about this!' yours?" She said mimicking him.

"Oh, God. Don't remind me, I was over that."

"And if I remember correctly, you were the ferret boy."

"Are you spying on me, Haunt?"

"The whole school found out!" She responded.

They both laughed and then sighed.

"I really would like you to come, Annelisse." He raised his head once more to look at her. She frowned slightly. "My parents usually celebrate a Ball at Christmas, which I never attend but if you came, it would be different."

"I'd love to go, Draco." She smiled at him.

Her response made Draco happy. Every year his parents celebrated that Ball and he stayed in his room, locked up. He had no reason to attend, until today. Just the simple fact that she had accepted, changed everything.

"But..." She started to say "I don't know how to dance."

Draco, hearing that, snorted and thought. He had an idea and rapidly put it on work. He rose to his feet and held out his hand to Annelisse. She, somewhat doubtful, took it and got up.

"What are we going to do?"

"I'm going to teach you to dance, of course." He smiled at her. They walked to the center of the class where there was space and stopped "Stand on my feet."

Annelisse grabbed onto Draco's shoulders so she could do what he had said. She slightly raised her face to him and felt like was losing her breath for a second at having him so close. They were barely a few inches apart.

Draco gulped. He felt like his heart was going to explode right there, he tried to focus on dancing but found it difficult having her so close too. He could smell her, something he had not noticed until now and found it wonderful. Annelisse smelled sweet, of vanilla mixed with hints of cinnamon.

Gently, he took one of her hands and with some fear, placed his other hand on Annelisse's waist. It gave both of them goose bumps and Draco's jaw tightened. Annelisse took a deep breath, Draco's hand on her waist made her shiver and for some strange reason —or not so much— she wished he would never take his hand away from there.

"Good, now try to keep the steps."

Draco began to move, dancing slowly, letting Annelisse observe these and try to learn them. She lowered her head slightly, trying to follow Draco's feet and memorizing the steps.

He could not take his gaze from her at all, he felt mesmerized. He kept moving, each time a little faster, picking up pace. When he did, Annelisse lifted her head to look at Draco with a big smile on her face.

"I'm dancing!" She said cheerfully, to which Draco could not help but smile. Annelisse's smile seemed to him the most beautiful thing in the world, he loved seeing her doing it and that, it caused one on him.

Without the need of music, they were immersed in that dance, as if the world had ceased to exist around them and the only thing spoke was their gazes.

"Do you trust me?" Draco asked. Annelisse just nodded her head "When I tell you, lean back."

"Now." He said in a soft voice and Annelisse leaned back, curving her body and her head did the same as a smile appeared on her face.

Draco also observed her with a smile, holding her, and after a few seconds he incorporated her again, making Annelisse return to him.

They were back a few inches from each other and both noticed what was happening between them but neither dared. They shut up what their eyes screamed.

Draco, frustrated, continued dancing with Annelisse throughout the classroom, this time her on her feet, beginning to dance on her own as they spun around.

"Lisse." He said, almost in a whisper after a short silence.

"Mmm."

"Do you want to know another secret?" He asked as she looked at him, waiting for an answer "You're the best thing that has happened to me in a long time."