Part twenty

Draco, when heard that voice and those words, turned around feeling his heart beating fast. When he finished turning around, he finally saw her, grinning at him.

He gazed at Annelisse in wonder, speechless, thinking how pretty she was tonight, still not believing that she finally had come.  He thought she was gorgeous and when he fixed his gaze on her neck, noticed that she was wearing the necklace he had given her, which he loved.

"Lisse."  He exhaled, the words not coming out of his mouth. The prettiest girl at the party was in front of him.

Annelisse felt a bit shy about the way he looked at her, spellbound indeed, and slightly lowered her head, hiding a smile.

"You're—perfect."  He finally said on a sigh.

"Thanks, Malfoy. You're not bad either."

For Annelisse he was more than perfect, Draco was wearing a simple suit along with a white shirt and tie, which she loved. His hair somewhat disheveled but she thought it made him look really good.

They had fallen silent, just watching each other.  They had waited for this moment and, when it had finally arrived, they did not know how to react, what to say or do, as if they had never spent time together.

"Someone told me there's a table full of food waiting for us to devour it."  Annelisse joked, breaking the ice.

Draco gave a little nervous laugh at that. Both of them left that room at a leisurely pace, thinking about what to say to the other.

"Everything is so pretty, you and your mother did a good job."  Anelisse commented.

"You are very pretty." He said without thinking too much although he meant his words truly.

"Draco Malfoy, are you courting me?"  She raised an eyebrow.

"I try, but the girl plays hard to get. I think I'm going to have to find someone else." He rolled his eyes in amusement.

"Hey!"  She lifted her head to him and Draco started to laugh, causing Annelisse to smile. "I had missed that sound." She added, making Draco smile again.

They reached a table and Draco made two glasses of champagne for them. He handed Annelisse one "For tonight?"  He raised an eyebrow with his glass.

"For tonight."  Annelisse replied with a sideways smile. They both toasted and took a drink from their champagne.

Annelisse grimaced after drinking a little more "How can you not get lost in this house? It's tremendously huge."  She remarked on her words, waving her glass "My house could fit perfectly in just this room."

"It's not as much as it seems if you don't have someone to enjoy it with."

"That's why I'm here."  Determined and a little more daring, she finished her glass in one gulp, set it on the table and held out her arm to Draco "Come on, show me all the places of this house."  She smiled. Draco did the same and took her arm.

They left, without them knowing that more than one person was already watching them.

Pansy, who was with the others who had just entered the central room again, spotted them and watched carefully.

"Where's Malfoy?" Asked Blaise.

"It seems to me that he's with the reason why he's so different."  She commented.  Blaise frowned in confusion, to which Pansy pointed out where they were.

Blaise watched, seeing Draco Malfoy hanging by the arm with a girl and smiling, which was surprising, since they had never seen Draco like this with anyone.