Exploring the Tower

A/N: So, as I was rewriting this chapter, I realized I had made Alexx very childish. She is in her early 20's here, so I changed it a lot to make her more mature. I hope you still like it!

I sat on the edge of my bed in Avengers Tower, Abby laying her head in my lap. 

Tony had fixed my window and had my sheets replaced over the two months I was in HYDRA's hands. Steve told me that he looked everywhere for me, and that Tony finally located my phone. That's how they found me and why it took so long.

I looked around the room. I never really paid attention to it until now. It was always just a place to sleep.

My room was a modern looking room, a desk against the wall to the right of the door, aa small book case with a few books I asked for next to it. Most of the books were about dogs, birds, flight, healthy snacks and video games. I also had some sketchbooks on a shelf with reference books and pictures by them.

The wall opposite the door was glass and overlooked the city. The windows were made to turn black and block out the light with a voice command. To the left of the door was my bed. It was beautiful.

Tony even changed the color scheme of the whole room for me as a present. Before it was just white with silver details, very boring. Now, it had lime green and white, adding some color. He even put a plant close to my bed.

The room was huge, about the size of all of Steve's old apartment. Most of it was empty, aside from the few bits of furniture I needed/wanted most. Tony had said that I would have to add more furniture to the room, if I wanted to. And I would, eventually. But right now, I wasn't in the mood to go to Ikea. Plus, Steve and I still had a few things in his apartment back in DC.

As I sat on my bed, I held an old black and white photo, looking at it. The edges were worn from being handled so much. In the photo was me and my family, the photo taken a week before the accident that took my family away.

A tear fell onto the old photo and I quickly wiped it away, not wanting to ruin it.

There was a knock at my door. Abby stood up and looked toward the door. I wiped away the tears and returned the picture to its spot on my bed-side table.

"Come in." I said.

Steve opened the door and walked in. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nodded as I stood up.

"Are you sure?"

I looked at him and smiled. "Steve, I'm fine."

"All right. Well, Tony wanted me to give you this." Steve handed me a simple silver bracelet. 

"What is it?" I asked, examining it.

"It's a tracker, in case we lose you again. Tony made one for everyone after you got back. It's not on all the time so that you still have privacy, but to turn it on and off, you press this." Steve pressed a well hidden button on the bracelet, showing me how it worked. 

I slipped the bracelet onto my left wrist where it fit perfectly.

"Sam is coming in an hour so we can discuss our progress with...Bucky. I thought I should let you know." Steve said our friend's name with a bit of sadness. We hadn't seen or heard of Bucky since everything that happened in DC.

"Okay. I'll see you later." Steve hugged me tightly.

As we parted, Steve smiled. I smiled too and kissed the tip of his nose. Steve continued to smile softly as he combed his hand through my short hair. I always had long hair, and I felt a little insecure with it being so short. Because of the terrible way it was cut, Tony made sure I was given a new, better hair cut. He also let me get it dyed so I could continue to keep my emotions hidden through my hair.