When She Needs Me The Most

I heard the doorbell ring and proceeded to open it.

"Hello maid, where is my daughter Jimin?" her mother was at the door.

"She is in her room ma'm she has the day off." I replied.

She stepped in practically running over me and after her came Lia. She was beautiful with her red dress on and her black smooth silky hair that passed her shoulders.

"Lucas!" she shouted.

"Yes milady."Lucas came in a rush.

"Get Lia and I a drink." she snapped.

"At your service milady." Lucas left in a jiffy.

Out of all people I've ever met in my life I surely wasn't too fond of Jimin's mother. She was rude, and obnoxious. She went up the stairs to Jimin's room without even asking permission though I don't see the need to since this used to be her home and now since Jimin's father was sick they gave it to her. After seeing her on her way, I escorted Lia to the dining room and told her to wait.

"You're not leaving me here right?" she exclaimed.

"Huh?" I said turning around to face her.

"Can't even get a petty maid to welcome me the way it should be." she snapped.

"Excuse me?" I asked stepping closer.

"Just go do your job." she flipped her hair.

I turned back around, furiously walking back to the kitchen. I saw Lucas getting the drinks ready and decided to tell him what was going on.

"Lucas how do you deal with her mother and can you believe what that girl in there just told me?" I whispered.

"Ah yes Miss. Kim, I told you I've worked here for 30 years, and I know I heard it all. Just try to ignore it that way you don't lose your job." he said.

"Well it's going to take me a while. I thought she was actually nice." I sneered.

Lucas walked back outside to deliver the drinks and I passed out the napkins. Jimin and I looked at each other awkwardly and I changed my direction of view.

"Good morning Winter, I know you saw me." She said.

"Oh, good morning Ji- I mean Ms. Yoo." I smiled.

I could tell Lia noticed because she glared at me. It was like she was burning through my skin with her laser eyes. What the hell was her problem? I walked back to the kitchen with Lucas and prepared freshly cut fruits as a snack for them.

A while later when Jimin's mother and Lia were on they're way outside, I overheard Jimin's mother whispering to her.

"You hear me good daughter, don't let Lia get away. She's rich and beautiful and your father's last dying wish is to see you married." she said.

"Mother I don't love her, I like someone else." She explained.

"Who is it? Is she important because if she isn't I don't want explanations." she said as she walked out.

I looked over at Jimin who's knuckles turned white, and her face turned red little by little. She took her coat and threw with immense force to the marbled floor.

"Damn it!" She yelled through clenched teeth.

I turned my back on the wall I was eavesdropping by and closed my eyes while taking a deep breath. If Jimin's mother didn't even want to hear about who she liked then she's not going to want to hear that Jimin likes a poor girl instead of a rich one like Lia.

I was filled with mixed emotions and felt like nothing was going right. What was I supposed to do? I was falling hard for a rich woman who was betrothed to someone else.

*****************

I was walking to my room and saw Jimin sitting against the wall by my room.

"Jimin?" I said kneeling down to her.

"Winter, why are you coming to your room so late? I've been here for the past hour." She said.

"Well why did you wait for me here instead of going to where I was moron?" I chuckled.

"Don't mock me, and I didn't because I wanted to be alone with you and Lucas is out there." She explained and grabbed my hand.

"Well I'm here now, what happened?" I asked. She leaned forward.

"Jim-" I said but stopped speaking.
Her arms wrapped around me and she buried her face in my neck.

"Winter, I just want to hold you even if it's not kissing you." She said softly.

I smiled, and thanked God for her respecting me and not kissing me or touching me in any way like she said she wouldn't. She hugged me for a long time and I kissed her  cheek.

"Jimin just go to bed." I said.

"I can't sleep. My mother is just so "agh"' she said clenching her fists.

"I understand." I said softly putting my hand over her.

"And my dad...he came the night you saw them but he's not in good shape, he hasn't been for a while now." She explained.

"I know I'm sorry Jimin, I really am." I pushed her head to my shoulder.

She wrapped her arms around my waist and squeezed me tightly. Jimin and I stayed like that for a while more until she decided it was late and I needed my rest.