Tʜᴇ Bᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ~ ʏ3

(A/N, Hello everyone! I don't expect many people to be reading this story as it is my first one:) But I have read many many stories on here and I'd like to think I know what people will enjoy reading:) This is a Harry Potter x Reader but there might be some other slight love interests along the way, just to cause a bit of drama hehe, Thankyou if your reading this and sorry this is so long, also this story takes place starting at year 3 so the golden trio and Y/N are 13.)

also i do not support jk rowling in any way shape or form but most of the characters and plot do belong to her so ig i have to give her credit even though she doesn't deserve it. anywayssss

T/W: this story mentions abuse.

(3rd person POV)

Y/ N was a girl who was unlike many others. She was special but just didn't know it yet. Y/N lived in France with her Aunt and Uncle who took her in when she was a very young child because of the tragic story behind her parents death. Y/N never knew much about her parents as her Aunt and Uncle never told her a thing. She also lived with her cousin Matthew who was extremely favoured by the family. Y/N was aware of the wizarding world as the attended Beauxbatons, the academy of magic. She never enjoyed it though as she was always bullied and mocked for being 'different' when in reality she just wasn't like all of the other students, she didn't enjoy dressing up fancy or going out to parties and rather just enjoyed staying inside and keeping to herself.

She had wanted to leave Beauxbatons for years now but her family never allowed it as they said 'nowhere else will except a freak like you' or they said 'you will never be excepted anywhere else because no one will ever want you'. This was until Y/N received a letter in the claws of an owl.

(Your POV)

I was just laying on my bed doing absolutely nothing like usual, when I heard a knock at my window. "Oh.....My.......GOD" i started off in a whisper but ended up screaming, as I had just received a letter from another magic school for witches and wizards. I slowly took the letter from the owls talons and opened it with care. It read....

'y/n l/n you have been excepted into HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY.

I understand you are attending Beauxbatons academy of magic but I have spoken with your headmistress and we have decided to offer you a chance at Hogwarts.

Our Gamekeeper Hagrid will be there too take you to diagon alley tomorrow at 10:00 am.

Yours sincerely
Minerva Mcgonagall.

No. Freakin'. Way.

I quickly ran down to my Aunt and Uncle to tell them the news. "AUNT LUCY, UNCLE HENRY!" I screamed. "What do you want?" My Aunt Lucy answered. I wasn't quite sure how they would take it, I'm sure they wouldn't mind as I would barely be at the house all year. " I've been accepted into a new school, please can I go please!!" I begged. " Well at least you won't be in the house much so yes you can go but were not paying for your stuff, you don't deserve our money." My Uncle Henry said.

"WOOHOO" I screamed!!!! I was so excited it's unbelievable. As I walked back upstairs I couldn't believe what had just happened. Thank god I won't have to go back to that horrible school Beauxbatons, I only had one friend there. He was called Elijah, I guess he was okay but I'm pretty sure he only hung out with me because I have a big house.

This was too much to process. I ran around my room bursting with excitement and began packing for tomorrow as someone called Hagrid I think it was, is coming to take me to Diagon Alley. I have no idea what or where diagon alley is but I guess I'm gonna have to trust this Hagrid guy.

That night I barely slept because I was just too excited. I kept thinking to myself, I really should sleep but just couldn't. When I finally got 4 hours of sleep I woke up and saw that it was 8:35 am. I ran downstairs and got my breakfast thinking to myself, 'thank god I don't have to live in this hell hole any more'. And I meant it, my so called family even forgot my 13th birthday. After breakfast I ran upstairs and had a shower then got changed. By the time I was dressed and ready it was 9;47 so Hagrid was coming to get me in 13 minutes.

. . Time Skip . .

I was waiting eagerly for the arrival of Hagrid until I heard a knock at the door. "Y/N THE BIG GIANT FREAKS HERE COME DOWN THIS INSTANT" my aunt yelled. I ran down those stairs with my luggage in my hand like my life depended on it.

As I opened the door to the main living area I looked at the door and saw a giant man with a huge brown beard standing in the door way. "Ello I'm 'Agrid I assume yer y/n l/n" Hagrid said. "Yes, yes she is now just go and get this freak out of my house." My Uncle Henry said. I was never hurt by there words anymore, I was used to it. I had gone through 13 years of mental abuse as well as physical, the only positive thing about it is that I learned how too stick up for myself pretty well. Anyway I was ready to get out of this nightmare.

"BYE MATTEW LOVE AND MISS YOU ALREADY!" I screamed sarcastically whilst walking out of the door. Straight after that is was slammed in my face and I was ready to start my new life.