How To Build a Mansion For Dummies.

Start from the beginning

"Falin, I'm doing this for your's and Jeff's protection. After all, I figured you would place his protection above your own." He added offhandedly.

Everything in me tensed up. "What?" I asked, my voice cold enough to freeze water.

His irritation at me came through our mental link. "A person does not just take a knife in the back for someone else without a reason." I closed my eyes and slumped against the counter. "I pulled out of your mind so you could keep those thoughts to yourself. But-"

"You could still feel everything, right?" I asked, not even bothering to deny it. There would be no point. He probably knew about my feelings to Jeff before I even knew. "I just don't understand!" I practically screamed. "He's not even my type. I-I mean, I've never been attracted to someone so I don't know my type, but I do know he isn't! Hell, he's actually really ugly because of his fucked up face. Yet, I still get these feelings around him."

"Feelings work in strange ways. Especially love. I could never explain it to you since I cannot feel such a human emotion but I can tell you that there is always a reason for everything." He looked towards the door. "Jeff is furious with you."

I waved a hand and turned my back to the door just as it bursted open and an angry Jeff stormed in. "What the hell?" He shouted. "You just left me."

"Well I sure wasn't going to carry you inside." I commented, keeping my back to him. I couldn't look at him. Not at that moment.

"Asshole." He snapped and went to our room. When I was sure he was gone, I turned back to look at Slender.

'If you want, you can start sleeping in your lab.' 

I shook my head a little at the sound of his voice in my head. For a while, I had forgotten he could do that with some of us.

'No, it's fine.' I responded back with my thoughts.

He chuckled slightly and began to pull out of my mind. 'What, want to stay as close as possible to him?'

My face suddenly turned hot and I shook my head. "Not like that at all." I said out loud. Realizing I said it out loud, I breathed in to control my slowly rising temper and said in my head, 'He needs someone to protect him.' 

 'Are you volunteering for that position?'

I smiled a little. 'I didn't get a choice, did I?'

Slender didn't respond but I couldn't feel a soft laughter coming for him. I grabbed my scythe, holding it tightly in both hands, and started to walk away when a thought occurred to me. Stopping, I looked curiously at the scythe. Then I turned and offered it back to Slender, holding it out to him in both of my fists.

"Slender, will you be the one to modify it? Jeff and I built it so I want you to be the one to fix it. Will you do that for me?" I asked.

He tilted his head to the side a little. "Are you sure? It may take a while."

I laughed and held it out further to him. "Take it. It would be an honor for you to be the one to make it perfect."

Slender hesitantly took the scythe and looked at it. "I would be more than happy to." His voice was a little hushed and I smiled wider. He walked into his room and started to close the door behind him. Last second, I remembered the other idea that came to me and I called out to him. Slender stopped and looked at me. A little nervous, I cleared my throat.

"Hey, Slender . . ." I trailed off before starting up again. "I have an idea."

He turned to face me completely. "I hope it is to put on a shirt soon."