Extra 1: Gentle Evening Star

Start from the beginning

One of the foot soldiers ran beside her, barely keeping up with her speed. He was smart to stick to her blindspot, taking shelter in it while she decapitated a slew of enemies in a row.

"We will continue to fight," she ordered, shoving her saber into the stomach of another brave enemy who dared to run at her with his blades drawn.

Dual swords. Nice.

She snatched them out of the dying man's grasp and handed them to the foot soldier.

The young man took it with the grace of a new recruit, which was none, and made a valiant attempt to guard her side.

"But Commander! The enemies have hidden Dark Mana Bombs in the fields!" The soldier objected, ducking the swipe of a spear and letting Vespera cut the offender down.

She glared at the cowardly foot soldier.

"Then evacuate the premises. Those who still have the will to fight, we will fight until our last breath."

"Commander..."

"This land must be fed," she said again.

The foot soldier looked conflicted. Vespera ignored him, stabbing a bunch of people who stupidly thought their numbers could dominate her superior strength.

When she turned back for an answer, the man looked more determined. "I'll send the strategic team. They should have people who know how to dismantle bombs!" He proceeded to run off like a martyr.

Vespera snorted.

---

Vespera surveyed the battlefield from where she stood, atop a hill of magic canons that were nothing more than scrap metal now.

Her army was made up of five-thousand special force soldiers. She trained them all by herself.

There were only half of them left, either lost to death or the mana bomb evacuation.

The Polska Nation brought over twenty-thousand soldiers, but her soldiers decimated them down to a mere few thousand.

Now, the only problem was the Dark Mana Bombs.

She needed to find them.

"Wait, what?"

The soldier who was informed of her plan stared at her with a dumb face.

"But, Commander... I thought you didn't know how to deactivate mana bombs."

She shot him a glare.

"I will throw them into the enemy trenches."

The soldier sputtered, "That's a war crime!"

Trenches were generally off-limits.

But so was the usage of Dark Mana Bombs.

Vespera was about to retort but was soon distracted by the glint of a knife.

She sliced the flying dagger in half with her saber and threw her sword at the enemy, removing their torso from their waist, before it boomeranged back into her hand–blade-first.

Vespera flipped her saber around and gave the soldier a look.

"I can do it."

That cold face splattered in enemy blood was so terrifying, the soldier almost wanted to cry out for his mother.

"... Okay..."

Vespera entrusted the soldier to help evacuate their own people before running for the heart of the battlefield.