Ch. 23; The Night Before

Start from the beginning

Aila and Annie joined Mikasa, Sasha, Armin, Connie, Jean, Eren, and a new recruit, Marlo, one of the MP who helped them in the forest. "Wow really?! That's great, so we're finally going to retake wall maria in two days!", Marlo said with joy, everyone looked at him surprised. They had never met someone who was so excited about joining the scouts, aside from Eren, most were afraid at first. Jean swallowed the spoonful of soup he had, "You're the only person I've ever met that is so excited about joining the scouts" "Really? Why? I'm honored to finally be able to fight for humanity instead of fighting my own superiors", Marlo retorted. Sasha gulped down the bit of water in her cup, "That reminds me, didn't Hitch try and talk you out of joining?" "Wait Hitch? Why would she do that?", Marlo asked, clueless of course. Sasha and Connie expressed ridiculous faces, "Because she's a thirsty girl~, and she thinks you're a tall glass of water", Sasha said, Mikasa snorted, she held back the laugh at her girlfriend's clever comment. Marlo looked down at his food, "No, she told me that I was stupid for thinking of joining. She said I should stay in the MP's since it would mean an easy and lazy life, I told Hitch I was wrong about her, and that she was just as low as the others", everyone face palmed, except for Annie and Mikasa, they just sighed with disappointment. Annie slurped the bit of soup in her spoon, "You really are a moron", she told Marlo. Mikasa simply nodded at Annie's remark, knowing she was right, Connie gathered his things on his plate and stood up from in between Sasha and Marlo, "Well, I'm headed off to bed" "This early?", Sasha asked her best friend. Connie gained a saddened look, "Tomorrow is the only day I'll have to visit my mom, I'm gonna try and do everything I can to help turn her back when I get the chance", Aila looked down at her soup, she felt sadness and sympathy towards Connie, she wished she could help him. Annie rested her hand on Aila's, Aila looked up into her fiance's eyes, Annie was telling her with her eyes that she understood how she felt, and felt the same way. Eren broke the silence, "I still need to figure out who the guy my dad met is, the one he met the day wall maria fell", Armin spoke up, "Oh yeah, that's right, you said he felt familiar, did he feel familiar to you or to your dad?". Eren rested his hand on his head, trying to think. "To me I think" "Tch, if you can't remember why don't you try slamming your head on a wall, or get a headbutt from the commandant, that should jog your memories", Eren jumped out of his seat, "That's it! It was commandant Sadies!". 

After Eren finally recalled who his father had met the day wall maria fell, everyone present at the table had ran directly to Erwin, Levi, and Hange. He had told them what he had remembered, Erwin agreed to send everyone from the 104th to the training ground Sadies was stationed at with Hange to question him. Aila and Annie had returned to their room, the others did the same, they needed to rest before the mission in now, a day. Aila stared out of her window as Annie began to undress, "How many people of Paradis are hiding secrets about titans and Marley.. why would they do such?", Annie looked up from taking her belts off, she walked over and melted into Aila's arms, staring at the moon sky from their window. She sighed, "I don't know, but in my opinion, they're just as cowardly as Marley for hiding the truth", Aila let out a nose laugh, she looked down at her fiance in her arms, "So, did you already buy a dress for our wedding?". Annie smiled and rested her head on Aila's chest, listening to her heartbeat, "Yeah, I talked it over with Hist- I mean, Queen Historia, and she said that she'd be my brides maid. She also agreed to let us hold it in the castle, Sasha will be my maid of honor". Aila looked at the stars again, "Guess I should find a maid of honor and brides maids too, I think I'll have Mikasa be my maid of honor, Ymir, Armin, and Marco will be my brides maids", Annie smiled, "Sasha and Mikasa can walk the aisle together, I think I'll have Jean and Eren be my brides maids, they can walk with their lovers" "Sounds good love", Aila replied looking into Annie's ocean eyes. Aila bent down and kissed her, softly but passionately, Annie reached up and wrapped her arms around Aila's neck, melting into the kiss. Aila slipped her tongue into Annie's mouth, massaging it with her own, making Annie let out a small yet noticeable moan. Aila picked Annie up, not breaking the kiss, Annie wrapped her legs around Aila for support, Aila walked over to the door, she locked it, making sure no one would interrupt. She then walked over to their bed and placed Annie down, she broke away, letting Annie breathe before making her feel as if she ran a marathon.