33: He's just A Man

Avery had actually become more serious about the work after that short talk with him and his obsession in women. To be frank, he was really going overboard with his lusty feeling and it was kind of ticking me off, now considering my feelings for him were just a scratch on him, nothing he would turn his head for.

"Why'd you ask about the new girl?" Hazel asked as he jabbed his straw into his milkshake. So far, I had noticed Hazel wasn't the type to wear his suits often. Almost like Avery. Instead, Hazel wore a plain white tee and some black sweatpants with white sneakers to match. His hair wasn't .... Combed I would say but it made him look even better.

The bad boy look suited him well.

"Did she show up to work today?" I asked as I watched him effortlessly jab his straw, as if trying to kill something. "Are you okay? You aren't trying to murder the milkshake right?"

"Oh no." He chuckled as he held his glass up. "There's an Ice cube that won't melt and it's jamming my straw." He sighed and I raised my brow at him.

"Serves you right for getting more ice on your milkshake." I sighed out with a playful smile.

"Mean." He chuckled before leaning back. "The girl didn't come today, only until after lunch hour." He said as he sipped his drink. "She said she had some bad stomach cramps. You know, your womanly episodes." He chuckled and I frowned at him as he jabbed his straw again.

It was nice and slightly breezy today and Hazel thought it would be a good time to go on a date our to have some fries and chicken with some burgers. The milkshakes just fell in.

"Whenever you make that face, it's either you're uncomfortable or worried." He said as he leaned onto the table. "What's wrong, kitten?"

"No. Nothing." I said as I glanced around the restaurant, spotting a family at the other end, laughing out as they had a cake on the table. It was probably one of the kid's birthday. "Uh... I mean, you know Avery...."

"The girl had an affair with Avery." He suddenly pointed out and I glanced up at him in shock. "Well my secretary told me about it. Apparently the girl and my secretary are related." He sighed and smiled slightly. "Don't worry, I won't even confront him about it. It's none of my business."

"Avery said he didn't know either, so I thought you'd see it as part of his plans to destroy you." I chuckled nervously as I ran a hand through my hair. "I'm glad you didn't take it seriously."

"Hm, no." He shrugged his shoulders. "I'd get angry if he had you, though." He said in a mummer as he glanced down at his drink, suddenly getting me nervous. "I know I don't deserved you, but I honestly love you. At least he shouldn't take you from me. He could take my family, the company... But not you."

"I'm not going anywhere." I smiled and so did he. "So, any plans this weekend?"

"Actually yes, I have a meeting with Mr Bronze Senior, he wants to tell me something, probably finally disowning me." He sighed as he cast his eyes to the ground with a deep frown. "You wanted me for something?"

"No." I shook my head. "You should go see him. I'm with Linda this weekend, just wanted to know if you had something in mind."

"Where are you going?"

"Just at her place. Just to watch silly romcoms and gawk at handsome actors." I chuckled when he pouted his lips at me.

"I feel insecure now." He sighed as he began to chuckle. "At least you'll be having some fun."

"Want me to come along?" I asked as I stared at his solemn expression.

"Oh, no. No need. I can... I can deal with it." He said as he shifted his gaze to the ground, looking rather uncomfortable. Almost getting me worried.

"Why do you think its disownment papers?" I asked and he clenched his jaw as he glanced up to meet my eyes before sighing out shakily as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Avery linked some video, of dad signing the disownment papers. He sent it to tell me I'll finally stop being his brother. That he was even happy about it." He said with a drowsy voice as he lazily lowered his eyes towards the table. "He told me dad didn't want me to find out this way and that he was going to call me to tell me himself, face to face, that I would even have to sign it myself, just to show I wasn't clinging onto them. Avery came up with that plan, to shame me somehow for being desperate to want to have a family."

"So what are you planning to do?" I asked as stared intently at him, almost feeling completely helpless to help him. "Sign it?"

"Isn't that what they all want me to do?" He asked as he bit onto his lower lip, his eyes suddenly glistening with tears. "Fvck... I won't even have a surname anymore. I'll sign it, of course, to please Avery and the others. Maybe make my own fvcking life more bearable to live with." He sighed out shakily as he reached his fingers up to brush off the tears about to fall. "It's sick that they all hate me. Just thinking about makes me want to vomit, wondering what they think of me when I walk into the room. Or how I feel when the fvcking swear at me like I'm no better than a dead dog. They think 'oh it's Hazel, it's fine to insult him, make him feel like complete trash, a good for nothing boy born in a world that doesn't need him'....." He stopped as he took in a sharp breath. "It must suck having a man who cards about such things.... Huh?" He asked as he chuckled nervously. "I really am an idiot..."

"There's no harm in wanting to be part of a family." I smiled pitifully at him. "You really care about them. I can see that. But if you can't stand it then I'll support you in signing it. At least you have people that value you right?" I asked as he continued to stare at me.

"Mh." He nodded his head. "Anyway, I have to uh.... Go do something really important. At home.... I'll... Drop you off first." He suddenly said as he got up from his seat.

"Oh uh... Okay." I nodded as I got up from mine, knowing too well he wasn't going to do something important. He just wanted time to himself.

He loved them. Even though they didn't. But what could he do?