Chapter 2 - Mission

Start from the beginning

They nodded and carefully made their way down the steep incline towards the water.

True to her word, there was a boat waiting at the bottom.

Obito and Kakashi pushed it deeper into the water and got in quietly.

The boat floated down the water silently and bumped the shore on the other side after 15 minutes. The bridge they would've taken under normal circumstances had been blown up almost as soon as the evacuations began.

Ibaraki was new territory. There was only one other group that had set foot in Ibaraki and they'd been immediately shot down.

Kakashi and Obito had discussed disguises beforehand and chose to dress up as Akatsuki. Obito had refused to wear the Tobi mask, though. That was a can of worms they could open at a different time.

They were only wearing the cloaks, since they figured that those alone were pretty standard "villain" garb. They wore ANBU masks too, anonymity and all that, with Kakashi as dog and Obito as cat.

The mission was a stealth mission, but with Ibaraki so close to a hero owned prefecture, there were bound to be more villains in the area. They were also right at the border, there were likely to be villains around.

They walked along the shoreline until they reached the remnants of a bridge. Using that as cover, they snuck onto the mainland.

The bridge, like most bridges, was connected to a larger road that was on an elevated piece of land. The ground around the road was covered in shrubs and bushes that would make it easy to get further into Bando, which was the city they were in.

The goal was to cut through each prefecture they went through so that the military had a good grasp on the situation in that area, which would make it easier to plan attacks.

"When we get to Ishioka, we should split up." Obito said.

"Makes sense. I'll go down to Namegata then." Kakashi nodded. "Spend an extra few days in Ishioka and Kasama.

Obito nodded and they continued walking, counting the number of other villains they saw and making mental notes of the landscape.

They were close to the city. The bridge they'd chosen took them right into it if they kept walking for a 100 more meters or so.

"Should we stall for a bit? Try and enter through a more rural area?" Obito wondered. "I mean we went to all this trouble to dress up as villains so there shouldn't be an issue if we walk right in."

"I don't think the problem would be us being spotted-" Kakashi cut himself off when he heard voices approaching from further up the road.

"Well let's test that theory." Obito muttered

"The fuck are you doing out here?" One of the voices they'd heard asked, suddenly appearing in front of them. They were wearing a cloak that covered their whole body and their hair covered their eyes.

"What's it to you?" Obito scoffed.

"Ohh so the brat can back talk, can he?" Their voice was raspy and high in pitch.

"Not to say that we aren't having a wonderful time talking to you, we're supposed to be in the city so if you would kindly fuck off, that would be much appreciated." Obito said lowly, releasing some of his chakra into the air.

They'd agreed on personas beforehand. Obito was the more talkative but hot headed villain and Kakashi would hardly say anything at all. It was an easy routine to slip into and eerily similar to their time on team 7.

Kakashi turned to leave and Obito followed after flipping off the person who'd stopped them.

Obito reeled in his chakra and they continued down the road.

The City wasn't far. They reached it within 10 minutes.

Naturally, there was almost nothing left. Bando, like most other places, was desolate. The roads were cracked and the air was dry. They walked down the empty roads, cataloging what was important and committing it all to memory.

One of 12 cities in Ibaraki.

Now, the mission began.

Prefectures:
Chiba
Tokyo
Shizuoka
Hokkaido
Akita
Gifu
Wakayama
Yamaguchi
Kochi
Ishikawa

Prefectures:ChibaTokyoShizuokaHokkaidoAkitaGifuWakayamaYamaguchiKochiIshikawa

Incase it wasn't obvious, the red is their travel line throughout Japan. The differently coloured areas are areas that aren't occupied by villains.

Map of Ibaraki - 

Quick question, so would you rather have me go into detail about their mission while it's happening, as in talking about them going through every city/prefecture or instead just have a summary of each area like in a report and mention the importan...

Quick question, so would you rather have me go into detail about their mission while it's happening, as in talking about them going through every city/prefecture or instead just have a summary of each area like in a report and mention the important details in like... memories and stuff. Not saying I have a preference but the second option would take wayyy less time so.......