6: Godly Meeting. Yuck.

Aria's POV

We arrived right in front of the angry looking king of the gods.

"You're late," he stated with a frown.

"So is one of your due newborns down on earth. My priests told me so," Apollo retorted casually taking his seat on the golden throne.

Hermes snickered and fist bumped his best friend while I stifled my laugh and leaned on the armrest of his throne.

Zeus scowled at him and then sighed. "Although you being late is not uncommon, is it quite unusual for your sister to be late."

Apollo sat up straight. "Arty? Where is she? Is she okay?"

Athena waved him off. "She's fine Apollo, she is just finding it hard to cope with the new changing between Greek and Roman versions."

Apollo relaxed, but his expression remained concerned.

Just then, a bright silver flash of light appeared in front of us, forcing me to shield my eyes from the sheer godly power in it. Artemis appeared next to her throne, but... she looked different.

Her silvery hair was the same, however she looked a tiny bit older - perhaps around the same age as me. She was taller, and her prized silver bow and arrows that she kept slung over her shoulder was gone. She wore a charm bracelet that I had never seen before, and if I had to look closer I would see that the different charms represented what she was the goddess of.

Other than that, she had faint dark circles under her eyes and she seemed a tiny bit skinnier.

"My sincerest apologies, O most renowned council of the gods and goddesses, I have been wandering Roman grounds more often now in search of the Chimera, and therefore increasing my godly transitioning between Greek and Roman," she explained tiredly and sagged into her throne.

It was not her huge excuse that she gave which shocked me, but the fact that she sagged in her throne. Artemis has the straightest posture in the entire council, along with Athena and Hera and usually reprimanded me for my bad habit of doing that.

Apollo seemed to noticed that too because his forehead creased in further concern for his sister and she they made eye contact. I assume they were doing their weird sibling telepathy thing where they talk to each other in their minds.

I still don't know if I should think of that as creepy or cool.

Poseidon cleared his throat. "It's alright Lady Diana," he offered a warm smile at her.

Zeus nodded. "Yes my daughter, it's fine. We haven't been waiting long anyways-"

Favouritism at it's peak, I thought sarcastically. So we come late and he gets angry but when Artemis is late he doesn't mind at all! WAIT A SECOND.

"Did you just say Diana?" I blurted, not realising that I had just interrupted Zeus in front of the whole council. He scowled and opened his mouth but Arte- Diana best him to it.

"Yes Aria, I am Diana, Roman goddess of the moon, hunt, animals and children." She paused. "...and other things."

I narrowed my eyes and scoffed. "Really? Then where is Arty and what have you done with her? Taking her titles and looks like that."

Diana smiled softly. "I am Artemis, Aria. Just more Roman."

"Roman? Where did the Romans come from?"

Zeus cleared his throat, quite loudly in fact. "I was getting to that bit, Aria."

I pursued my lips and gestured for him to continue as Hera sent me a dirty look. Oh yeah, have I mentioned that Hera doesn't like me? No? Well now I have.