Chapter 5

Millie bared witness to the monstrosity before her. As most of the fires died down, and the smoke cleared, the Hix roared so loud that for a moment, it was faintly heard aboveground. A few students stood silent with their drinks in their hand.

"Did you guys hear something?"

"Was that a bear?"

The loud music suppressed most of the destructive sounds happening below the building. All of the attendants remained unaware of what was going on underground. The party kept going.

Meanwhile, Millie had her eyes fixated on her opponent.

"This was supposed to be a simple job. But look at you!"

The Hix heard her voice and looked down toward her direction.

"I miscalculated everything about you. Your signal was nothing more than a level one threat, but now ---- now you're well above level three. We weren't prepared for this kind of battle." She said.

Finally freed of the tyrant's egg sac, her eyes were burning with disgust and determination. Her body has yet to let loose, and her limbs are stiff. This is the exercise she needs. Despite her feelings towards the mission going left-field, she was a little excited to go all out.

"Despite your increase in power, we're still going to end you. . . Demon!" She assured.

The Hix looked at her with an emotionless expression. He frowned at her and rose all the way up to perfect posture, and from his point of view, he towered over her.

"What are miscalculations? Not only have I become more intelligent..."

"I.AM.STRONGER."

"You don't have the means of facing me now." He continued.

XOOOOOSAN

Her smirking lips exuded confidence. An unmatchable aura that no celebrity or superstar-athlete can top.

"Hm. That word."

She peaked the beast's curiosity.

"HM?"

Her demeanor was composed. Her opponent has grown in size and power, but she remained grounded, unshaken by the weight of his threats.

"It's plural."

Her facial expression hadn't changed a bit. Fully focused and determined.

"As you should know, you're not dealing with ONE Xosan anymore." She explained.

The sound of Andre's shoes walking towards her tapped over and over. His nice dress shoes aren't so dapper as before. He and Millie stood side-by-side, shoulder to shoulder, and in perfect unison, the mark of a true partnership.

He stood with his right side slightly leaning forward. His left hand in his pocket with his blazer draped over his right shoulder, tightly gripped at the tail in his right palm. Millie stood with the left side of her body leaning forward, both arms down, and her fist clenched. That powerful glare of hers remained unphased.

The Hix let out a quick but deep roar. He charged towards the Xosans. Millie placed her hand on Andre's shoulder.

"I'll lead." She said.

"Be my guest." He complied.

Millie dashed towards the Hix. The monster planted both of his lower arms into the floor. He swiped at her with his upper arm, but she swiftly executed a front flip over the attack. Upon landing onto the floor, he leaned down face-first and shot his sharp tail over the back of his torso in an attempt to impale her. She quickly dodged out of the way, leaving behind her afterimage.