Midsummer's eve part 6

They returned back to Blixer's home, Trinity's word sinking deeply. Cyan told Blixer about possibly moving back to his caretaker's home on the way. Judy listened. When they got to the front door, a light purple shape met them.
"Hello! Are you Blixer?" he said, curiosity filling his wide black eyes.
"Uh, yeah. That's me." The corruption king responded, patting the pastel shape's head. "I don't think i've seen you around here before. You new?"
"Yeah! I was travelling with my uncle, Skye! We came here because we heard the forest was full of magic!" the small shape beamed. "Also, my name's Pepper. You remind me of my dad!"
"Where is your uncle? It's getting late, and you shouldn't be out by yourself at night. Lost children often come to our den all scratched up." Judy said politely.
"Oh okay! He's near the big stone pillar on the other side of town! He's got a big dog that goes looking for me after dark. Bye!" Pepper said, prancing off in the direction he specified. He was very quickly out of sight.
"He feels different, doesn't he?" Cyan smiled. "In a good way."
That night, a tall, treelike entity peered over the rooftops of the town. It silently moved around it and headed towards a distant light on a mountain peak. The only shape to see it was Pepper, beaming up at the sight before him. He twitched his cat-like ears and followed it with his eyes. The small purple child pulled out an old leather notebook, and sketched the creature's silhouette. Then, as suddenly as he had left before, he skipped to a small tent, where a tall blue shape was struggling with an rusty mechanical object.
The next morning, Judy took Cyan to the den to teach him more about leadership and the healing magic he possessed. She taught him how to listen to all sides of an argument, and some quick defence moves. She also taught him how to set bones and heal them using a different spell, similar to the one they used for curing the afflicted werewolves. She also talked to him about familiars, and asked him what kinds of familiars the hero was interested in.
He couldn't really decide, however. The eagle would be nice, and a fox would be just adorable. A cat would be amazing, but what kind? He also thought about a wolf familiar. It might be too similar to him. He also pondered getting a magical animal as a familiar. A phoenix might be hard to take care of, but it couldn't die. A dragon was possible, but it would get so big he couldn't live in the village with it. There were fairies too, but they were mischievous and quite hard to get a hold of. There were also woodland spirits, but they were tough to convince. Cyan thought about each different choice he was offered, and had to think about it overnight. Blixer came with him to the werewolf den when he went to spend time with the pack, so that Cyan wouldn't have any nightmares. The morning after that, when they came back to the town, was devastating. Cube came running up to them, panting, when the corruption king was about to open his front door. He said
"Cyan, Blixer! Something terrible happened! He lead them to the tree, saying "Trinity's sick, and so is the tree! She's losing color, and the triangles are losing their power!" he was frantic, moving with a quick pace.
Fortunately, they had an easy time keeping up with him. When they got to the plaza with the tree in the center, and Trinity's cottage, the damage was imminent. The once proud tree was sagging, many of it's powerful leaves on the ground, or falling off. A few villagers were gathering them up into baskets, placing them against the trunk. Pepper was among them, feeling each one with a sad face, before gently setting them in his basket. Upon seeing Cyan, Cube, and Blixer, he put his basket down and ran over to them. "Oh thank goodness you're here! I looked everywhere, and still can't find Skye!" he cried.
"Oh, i'm sure we'll find him soon, Pepper." Cube reassured.
"Also, i saw a weird black thing yesterday. It looked like a shape but goopy." he said, walking back to his basket.
When they entered Trinity's house, there was nothing out if place. In fact, there was a cold cup of tea on the table, teabag still present. The only thing missing was Trinity herself. It was odd ro say the least, and Cyan had a bad feeling about the whole situation.
A few hours of searching later, they found Skye at least. He was in the woods on the opposite side of town as the werewolf den. He had a few scratches on his arm witch were bleeding, but otherwise he was fine. Blixer was suspicious of the black color of his blood, but Skye said it was a long story, and joined the search for Trinity. The next few days were filled with sightings of black and grey creatures resembling shapes, and a few werewolves going missing. It was scaring the whole town. On another note, Pepper found some shiny stones that sparkled in the moonlight. He was ecstatic.
On the fourth day after Trinity's disappearance, Skye and Pepper went to the tall mountain north of the town. It had been known that there were ruins all over it, and they had been explored thoroughly. Skye had an interest in them, saying that there could be writing of some sort on them. So they went there. Soon after though:
"Hey Cyan come check this out!" Penta said, ushering the cyan shape towards the woods.
"What is it Pentagon? I was about to have lunch." he grumbled.
"There's a smashed tree over here! It was snapped in two and there were splinters everywhere, it was really cool!" the green hero said enthusiastically.
"Goodness gracious.." Cyan said, spying what his brother had been talking about.
"Oh hey more trees are gone!" Penta said.
There were several trees that had been snapped in half, scorched, uprooted, or just missing, leaving a giant hole were the roots were. The two heroes gaped at the destruction before them, either horrified, or just mind-blown. It was dangerously close to the edge of town, and a black or grey goopy substance was strewn across most of the destroyed area. Small spots of red blood were puddled in the center, looking like a frantic animal had fought for it's life there. A yip brought their attention to one of the fallen trees.
Cyan walked closer, but stopped when a tiny growl sounded from under a few logs leaning on each other. He looked down, and saw a flash of color from under the logs. A tiny, green, pointy, nose poked cautiously out from the shadows, followed by two big, round, black, eyes. The blue hero got on his knees, and held out his hand for the tiny beast to sniff. It shrunk back a little, then hesitantly inched forward, sniffing audibly. The light revealed a long, green neck, and two stumpy horns on it's head. It walked on all fours, and had small leathery wings on it's back. It continued to sniff up his arm, and then his face, moving slowly. It's long thin tail came out of the hidey hole, and it sat on the scorched grass and sneezed a thin puff of smoke.
Penta squealed delightedly, and spooked the tiny dragon. It was as big as a small dog, yet somehow managed to scurry back under the low pile of logs.
"Dang It, Pentagon, why'd you have to scare him?" Cyan whined.
"Sorry." Penta chuckled. "He's just so adorable~"
Cyan sighed and turned back to the pile of wood the dragonet had scurried under, only to see that wide-eyed face peeping out between the logs.
"Wookit dose big baby eyes~" Penta cooed.
The dragon cautiously crept out again, putting Cyan in between them. He slowly got closer to Penta, hugging close to the blue shape.
He poked his head over the werewolf's arm and perked up when penta said "Awwwww"
Cyan was confused, but went with it.
Soon the tiny lizard had inched close enough to sniff Pentagon's hand too, and when it did, it plopped itself in the blue hero's lap and stared it's shiny eyes into the green shape's soul. Cyan put his hand on the baby's neck and it rubbed against him affectionately.
Needless to say, Cyan took him home without hesitation.
"Why? Why do you have a tiny dragon?" Gold moaned, pulling on her bangs.
"because we found him in what looked to be where the momma dragon either died, or was captured." Penta retorted. "And he's adorable! Just look at those big shiny eyes, how could we not?"
Cyan's siblings continued to argue, while the dragon sat on the blue hero's shoulder, eating sausage bits out of Blixer's hand. The two arguing heroes huffed at each other, and walked in different ways, and the round eyes of the tiny lizard looked back and forth at them, before raising it's head at the sound of a door slamming. Judy entered the corruption king's house, and stopped dead in her tracks when she saw a tiny green dragon on Cyan's shoulder, and several other people in the room.
"Okay, what did i miss?"

Hey! Sorry for the late publish! I was kinda lost in my schoolwork, and i was stuck on what should be Cyan's familiar. I made this chapter extra long, and added the cute new character to hopefully make up for that. Thanks for reading!

Midsummer's eve (A Cyan x Blixer fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें