Part 1 : Harry's Scared

Harry slowly blinked, not expecting to see platform nine and three quarters in his afterlife.

After Voldemort shot the killing curse and him, he fully expected to see either endless darkness or his parents, but he didn't see either before him.

Harry shrugged, turning around to see the rest of the station, but freezing when he saw a skeleton standing behind him, holding a scythe and wearing ragged robes. He looked upon the being in front of him in disbelief, a trembling hand reaching out to poke where eyesockets should be.

"That's quite a rude thing to do, Master."

Harry's face twisted in horror and he started screaming bloody murder, quickly retracting his hand and scrambling to run away, flailing his arms around wildly as he tried to figure out where he should run like a beheaded chicken.

Death sighed and face-palmed, walking after his idiot Master.

"Get back here, Master."

"Never!" Harry shrieked, suddenly tripping over his own feet and crashing in a heap on the floor. After face-planting onto the tile floor, it seemed to be that Harry got some sense knocked into him. "Wait, who are you, why are you here, and why are you calling me your Master?"

"I am Death, and I'm here to help you, Master."

Harry froze once more, understanding dawning on him. "I'm such an idiot-"

"Agreed."

Harry shot a withering glare at Death before continuing. "If the Deathly Hallows exist, then you have to exist. But, I thought that you had to combine the three Hallows to become the Master of Death?"

Death shook his head, the loose bones of his neck rattling at the movement. "You only have to be in possession of all three Hallows. You were given the Invisibility cloak by your father, you won the Elder wand, and you were given the Resurrection stone by Albus Dumbledore. This is enough to make you my Master."

Harry nodded slowly, getting up from the floor and brushing off some nonexistant dirt from his pants, trying to form cohesive thoughts over his shocked state of mind. "Okay, um. . . Okay."

"What would you like to do now, Master?"

Harry looked at Death with a curious look, trying to get used to seeing only the entity's bones. "Pardon?"

Death sighed. "You have many different options, Master. You can pass on and see all those you have lost, you can return to your original timeline from the moment you died, you can return to your original timeline from an earlier time if you feel that you want to redo certain parts of your life, you can go back in time to before you were born, you can-"

"I get it," Harry said, a hand coming up to rub his face.

As much as Harry was tempted to join all the people he lost, he knew that they would want him to live as much as possible and to only pass on when there was no other choice. He would rather not return from the moment he died because he knew that as soon as the war was over, everyone would turn to him to lead, and Harry knew that he was not a political person. Sure, he can lead an army, but he was uncomfortable with backstabbing people and boring meetings, as per required in politics. Also, Harry didn't really feel the need to redo anything. There are moments when Harry wished that he had done a different course of action, but he was satisfied with what everything turned out to be, and he didn't want to redo his life for minor mistakes he wanted corrected. That meant that he would live either in the past or the future, seeing as the all powerful Death could transport him to any time era.

Going into the past was riskier than going to the future, but there was so many things to learn and see that Harry's heart started to beat impossibly fast in his chest. He was completely free to do whatever he wanted! He didn't have to deal with the pressure of being the wizarding world's only hope anymore! No fame, no pressure, no expectations. Just Harry, Death, and the world.

Just the notion of this was enough to make Harry smile.

Turning to the deity, Harry smiled up at the 7 foot tall skeleton.

"This'll be fun."

Yes, Professor?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara